Bamboo bali-First off, if you’re reading these reviews, you probably already know if this is the right type of place for you. If you are looking for an oceanview resort with lots of rooms (and people), a swim up bar, and all the amenities, then this is not the place for you. But, if you enjoy the idea of feeling you have an entire place to yourself, being surrounded by lush, beautiful tropical plants, and waking up to the sound of parrots outside your door (as opposed to noisy neighbors), then look no further.
This was our third trip to Bamboo Bali, and we look forward to coming back several more times. I’m not going to say which cabin is our favorite (I wouldn’t want to lessen my chances that it will be available next trip!), but I will say that there are no bad rooms here. They are all great. The landscaping is always finely manicured and Sebastian and Anno are always willing to help out with whatever is needed. For instance, this trip, the AC in the unit we were about to check into had apparently crapped out, so Anno put us up in another cottage in the meantime, and had it completely replaced that same day. They are always adding new things here to make your stay more enjoyable. The new hot tub area is very secluded and absolutely gorgeous at night, they are apparently experimenting with new wireless internet equipment (it currently works fine, no worries, but it can be a little less than reliable at times), and I hear they are planning on adding a couple of new cottages by the end of the year? Can’t wait. Oh, and if you come in on one of the early morning redeye flights, be sure to let them know that and request an early check in. It costs a little bit extra, but it beats having to wait 6 hours until your room is ready, and they will have some juice and a continental breakfast waiting for you in your fridge.
Like I said, this isn’t luxury living, but you’ll snicker to yourself every time you drive past Captain Don’s or Buddy Dive, and see all the people having to park across the street just to they can get to their room. I’ll take the quaintness and beauty of Bamboo Bali over that mess any day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bamboo Bali. "The place where East meets West." No more than 60 meters from the ocean, across the street from the best known dive hotels of the island such as Buddy Dive, Captain Don's and Hamlet Oasis you will find Bamboo Bali. This cozy little resort consists of 8 cottages built with lots of Asian influence and style. The private wooden cottages were built on piles to give it that characteristic look and surrounded by a luscious garden full of tropical flora. Be surprised by the playful and romantic corners where Asia and the Caribbean melt together! Ideal for honeymooners and couples. This small family resort has 2 regular cottages - Bali, Sumatra. Four Deluxe cottage "Between the Trees"/" Just the 2of Us"/"So happy Together" and "Walking on Sunshine" Two superior cottages are recently added : "Love at first Sight" and "Heaven can Wait" Every cottage consists of 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. Full kitchen / flat screen TV / free wireless internet / air conditioning / safe / warm water showers and a large shaded private porch area. For our guests we have two large propane BBQs, two very luxurious Jacuzzi/hot tubs with massage jets, a natural salt water pool, rinse tanks, dive closets, Thai stile outside showers, sitting areas, etc. "You will fall in love with Bamboo Bali Resort the moment you step in!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Bamboo Bali Bonaire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Bali Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Bamboo Bali Bonaire Resort Kralendijk