My friends and I stayed at this resort from November 16 thru the 23 of 2013....Some of us stayed in the Villas #307 and another stayed at a single suite #108....I will give you the pros and cons of the resort....The view from the Villa was great....looking over the ocean, watching the sunset and watching the moon set over the horizon was quite nice.....one twin room was of average size and the AC worked well....the other twin room was only accesible from the porch and not from the living room / kitchen area...you needed to go outside on the porch and then enter your room with a key which was a double glass door....this room was a bit small and you needed to put both beds together in order to have a night table at both ends and still be able to open the closet doors...if you put any space between the beds, the night tables on each end of the bed prevented you from gaining access to the closet...it was a little bit tight but OK....The bathrooms were fine but I would suggest that you do not leave open for the AC because they had wood slotted screened windows in the bathroom that cannot keep out the heat of the day.....The living room / kitchen area was small and you cannot AC this area because the ACs in the bedroom would overload and shut down and this area also has wood slotted screens near the front door so you cannot block the heat from entering the room....It was a little bit difficult to watch TV in the late afternoon or early evening because of the lack of AC...later at night when things cooled down a bit, you could hang out to watch the TV but if you opened up the glass doors, they did not have a screen to block out the mosquitoes/ flies.......The place was very clean, bathrooms were comfortable, lack of AC in the livingroom was a negative, and they definitely need better pillows to sleep on..the ones we had were too thin and flimsy...
The single suite was quite large with all the amenities and well air conditioned.....they had a comfortable small porch and it was garden view overlooking the other rooms...I would highly recommend this for one or two people....
I was shown the penthouse suites and the next time we come to Bonaire, I would recommend these over the villas....the only thing lacking is the not having the view of the ocean unless you looked over the villas in front of you.....The penthouses were large, alot of space to utilize, comfortable seating area to gather with friends and watch TV, the bedroom doors could be left open to partially AC the living room / kitchen area.....and the bedrooms were large as well.
The people were very friendly and very helpful and the BBQ had some delicious food and much to pick from....they do have WIFI here but their customer accessible computer was broken and you need to use your lap top or smart phone to use the internet.....
I suggest you bring the bug spray since we encountered alot of the "nats" around breakfast time but that was probably due to all the wet weather they had the previous two weeks before we got there...We did not have much of a problem with the flies at dinner time......This resort is very laid back, quite and relaxing.....They are in front of the "oil slick " site which is a very good dive and since they are part of the Buddy Dive resort complex, getting tanks and dropping them off was very easy.....I would recommend the penthouse for 4 adults or the single suites under the penthouses for one or two people.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive, Relax and Explore is what Caribbean Club Bonaire stands for! Find yourself and lose your heart at this friendly, full-service resort with a wide variety of accommodations, from Budget Studio's to a Cottage DeLuxe with magnificent ocean views. Located north of Kralendijk at the foot of Bonaire’s hills and just steps away from the most pristine dive sites, you’ll find Caribbean Club Bonaire. This friendly resort combines affordable accommodations with full resort facilities, a restaurant, bar, two swimming pools, an on-site dive shop/activity center, front office and security services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Caribbean Club Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Bonaire Hotel Bonaire
- Caribbean Hotel Bonaire
- Caribbean Resort Bonaire
- Caribbean Club Bonaire Kralendijk