This was our third visit to Bonaire and once again we had a fab time.
The style of diving and quality of the dive sites seems to be unbeatable. Divers looking for large pelagics may be a bit disappointed but if you're looking for quality coral and good fish life with a huge selection of dive sites then you should be very satisfied.
The whole island has a very relaxed nature and to me, Bonaire is not a typical Caribbean island ie there are no hawkers trying to sell t-shirts/necklaces/trips etc etc and although Bonaire is not completely crime-free, apparently they only suffer from petty crime, which means that you feel quite safe there.
Travellers seeking stunning beaches would be deeply disappointed in Bonaire - as there are none! The "beaches" are mainly corally/rocky - which are ideal for divers.
There is a very good selection of restaurants serving quality food on the island. Some of our favourites are Cactus Blue, Mona Lisa, Patagonia, Lion's Den & Rum Runners. Don't expect fast food, especially at Cactus Blue, Mona Lisa & Patagonia. All food is cooked to order, so there may be a wait of up to an hour, but the quality is excellent and definitely worth the wait (and what's the rush? you're on vacation).
Service at the City Cafe in Kralendijk is quite slack and the food pretty average so I wouldn't rush back there.
A dive package holiday (with Barefoot Traveller) is excellent value for money. At Buddy Dive you can dive as many times a day or night as you wish & whenever you want to.
If you do stay at Buddy Dive, don't expect luxury accommodation. It's fairly basic, but clean and comfortable and the self-catering apartments are pretty well equipped. All the staff are friendly and up-beat so the whole atmosphere is great.
Can't wait to get back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk