Checked in on Friday night, breezed to our room, everything was smooth. We saw long lines on Saturday evening which confirms a previous post, our experience was 5 stars. Needed a pan late one evening they found two, dropped them off and called to confirmed we received it. There was more to it than this but the vibe was good.
Kitchen was good/adequate, if you're looking for Viking Stoves & Sub Zero appliances ummmm, this isn't that place but we cooked fresh fish two nights and we were able to pull it off.
Dive Staff-5 Stars. They understand the importance of your safety and maintaining the reef and staying off the reef. The attentiveness to you as a diver (after the video,) is fantastic from the checkout Dive to Marten and his man cave, to everyone around. They also let you understand that although this is a life threatening situation if you make a mistake, they also point out this is supposed to be FUN.
For a reasonable amount of money, this was a great place to be. We've learned to travel on the off times & dates which leads to less stress. What you take in is what you get out of your trips. So, if you're reading this correctly, there's one in every crowd. Is it a Relais & Chateaux, no, it's a nice place to dive, meet people, enjoy the underwater experience with a great reef. Happy Hour is rather important to the resort so the only thing not on "island time," is the HH between 5:00 PM-6:00 PM. You can talk with the dive guides ask questions, YES buy them a drink the little things count to these fine folks. The food was good, moderate in price, the Friday night Barbecue is fun & good, do it even if you're a veggie, my wife who is found plenty to eat. If you want good food, check out my food reviews from this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk