Good News: Still the best value for your dive dollar. Dive facility are convenient and efficient. The house reef is of the best diving in Bonaire. Dive Staff is professional, knowledgable, helpful and accommodating. The Coral Reef Restoration Specialty Dives is a must take class. The Hotel Staff will make restaurant reservations and recommendations.
Bad News: The roads have the feel of a construction site. The rooms, although the views and balconies are beautiful, are in much need of maintenance. Our patio sliding glass door was broke and was barely baled to be opened on one side. The screens for the sliding glass were totally inoperable. The air conditioner in both bedroom and living room need replaced or at least cleaned. The we're blowing dust out. I got a bad case of sinusitis and sore throat from the bedroom AC blowing on me all night! Finally, although the house keep was sufficient (they wet mopped the floor everyday) the housekeeper left the door open the entire time she was cleaning leaving in Bonaire's famous voracious Mosquitos. My wife and I were both eaten alive. The pool had some "fungi looking" growth on the bottom and needs a very deep cleaning.
Bottom line, great diving, great service, rundown rooms and facilities in much need of some maintenance and upkeep. It's a real Bonairean Treasure in need of some TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk