I was looking for a locale to dive in the Caribbean where my dive companion and I would not be constantly stuck in a group of noobs "inch worming" across the reef with a dive master pointing out blue tangs. Buddy Dive exceeded my expectations on almost all fronts. In six days I completed 27 dives from: dawn/dusk/night dives, a night dive with florescent light on the resort reef, guided salt pier dives both in the day and night and 6 boat dives. The 6 boat dives were really nice and only one of the six was a "meh" dive (I did not care for "something special"). I also completed quite a few shore entry dives and found some of them to be better than the boat dives. At no time did the DMs request that we go deep to burn through our tanks to get the DMs back to the resort. For example, the daytime salt pier dive was a full 70 minutes long!
The bad: Yes there is bad and my rating stays at a 5! Although air/nitrox is unlimited, they only offer aluminum 80s. 80s are a throwback to recreational dive tables where an 80 would about last for the allotted safe bottom time. With the advent of dive computers, aluminum 100s are a better fit. The other issue was with fills. My fills were constantly less than 3000. Usually more like 2800. The last issue is that the staff is neglecting to do routing o-ring maintenance on the tanks so bring plenty of o-rings (yoke-type not DIN) and a probe to pull them with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk