My husband and I went to Buddy Dive to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary and were very disappointed with the service Buddy Dive offered. The only portion of the resort that had good quality service was the bar/restaurant. When we checked in the staff did not help us with our bags and we were on the third floor. We did not have a hand towel or a floor towel and had to request this of which we did not have actual "hand or foot" towel for more than half our stay. When we tried to get clean pool towels they did not have any. It seemed like towels were a shortage on the property, which seemed ridiculous. I had to continuously ask the front desk for a hair drier as they did not have enough for all the guests, which I did know ahead of time. One would have thought they could have delivered it when it became available but no, I had to pick it up. Since we were staying in the hotel style room we did not have wine glasses. I asked the bar for 2 wine glasses and they stated they did not have extras and we would have to ask housekeeping. The next morning I left a note for housekeeping for the glasses and did not receive them until late at night. Not so great when you are trying to celebrate your true anniversary at sunset. For a resort that promoted rental trucks, one would think that the front desk could help with directions, that would not be the case! The additional activities offered on the website and by staff when inquired prior to arriving were not available. We tried to rent bikes and go on a sunset cruise and the staff at the activity center had no idea who to suggest and had to ask around. The staff was accommodating in doing this but don't advertise that you offer these services when you don't. Because we thought the hotel offered these things we did not organize it ourselves prior to arriving and then were not able to rent bikes because they were not available on the island at this point. The dive staff was very friendly and definitely took their job seriously, which is very important. Some staff could have been better at pointing out marine life. I also would like to add that on all the dive boats I have ever been, Buddy Diver offered the least service for gear set up. And lastly, the morning we depart at 6:45AM, we head down to grab some breakfast for the ride. I was told I could not have a to go box and I must eat breakfast on the premises, really? It was the icing on the cake and summed up our entire experience. The pluses of Buddy Dive, they have close access to great dive sites, great view, the food was good and the accommodations were very clean. But since this is not a budget hotel, I would have expected some service and amenities! I would not return to Buddy Dive again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk