I just returned from a one week stay at the Plaza Resort Bonaire. I must admit that I was worried about the place after reading some negative and so so reviews. The resort and rooms far exceeded my expectations. The ocean view rooms are very big with great views from the terraces. Especially nice at sunset. The beds were a little hard and the pillows not the greatest, but all in all a very nice clean room.
The Plaza had one of the few true beaches on the island and seemed a lot nicer than the Harbour Village Resort that everyone raves about. It looked like a Spanish prison with a beach from what I saw of it. The Plaza had a great reef right out in front with some amazing snorkeling. I saw tons of spotted eels, octopus, lots of fish and great living coral. Probably the best snorkeling I've done with the exception of Belize. You don't have to be a dive geek to enjoy the island and it's marine life.
The only real negative about Bonaire is the food. We ate at the so called best places on the island and none were very good. The cuisine seemed to be catered to Dutch tastes with lots of cream sauces and french fries. Not even very much good fresh fish which was surprising. We kept joking that they keep all the fish in the water for the divers instead of fishing for food. Drink lots of beer and pina coladas instead.
Overall I'd highly recommend Bonaire and the Plaza Resort for a week of relaxation and great snorkeling/diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoyment without limits, an all-inclusive vacation at Plaza Beach Resort Bonaire. This resort offers 126 spacious air conditioned oversized Suites, both Junior Suites and Grand Suites located either next to the Caribbean Sea or next to the marina laguna. Everything is included: from a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet in our restaurant with sea view to water sport activities, a diving school and a cozy beach bar. With the best beach on Bonaire and a beautiful swimming pool, there is nothing that will stop you from having a vacation to always remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Plaza Resort Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Hotel Bonaire
- Plaza Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Kralendijk