We spent 2 weeks at the Plaza. Overall happy. Not sure if I would return to this resort, perhaps.
Pros: Toucan Dive is great on site. We were off season, so most days our boat had 5-8 people. Sweet. Dive masters were friendly. Not as full service as we have experienced in the Pacific, but if you ask for help with anything, from calibrating your nitrox tank to helping you out of the water, they are there. We did 11 days if boat diving, and had lots of fun. One dive master per group, which also was different from the the Pacific. We are used to 2, one in front and one in back.
Pros: you can eat at the hotel restaurant if you want, or walk to Joe's Grill or Sebastians. I would not want to do the all inclusive, which they are going to Nov 1, as here are so many great places to eat in town.
Pros: We reserved an Ocean front grand suite. The room was very large, with lots of storage space. It was the farthest out, away from the dive shop and restaurant, but it was worth it. The view of the ocean was special.
Pros: AC worked like a champ. I am NOT used to humid hot weather, and was grateful the room was comfortable every day.
Just Ok: Buffet at breakfast was just OK.
Of note: There are no racks or hooks on the patio for hanging dive gear. I left most things in my locker, but did want to hang some things to dry, In fact there were very few hooks anywhere, even in the bathrooms.
Problems: OK. We were in room 3010. The 1st day we reported problems flushing the toilet. Someone came over. After a day or two it was not working at all. Mgt offered to move us,but we didn't want to do that. It was Saturday, and it would be Monday before a maintaince person could come. So our soloution was to stay in our room and use the bathroom of the room next door (3011). So for 2 days and nights we had to go outside and into the room across the walkway to use the bathroom. On Monday the repair man shows up, and says the toilet is fatal. We give up and are willing to move to 3009.
By the way to flush the toilet in 3010 required a pull on rope, and then pushing the rope back into the wall. The toilet in 2011 was a handle flush.
Once we moved to 3009 everything was good. Handle flush.
Of the 3 rooms we experienced, we were hard pressed to decide which ones were renovated or not. The flooring was different, the showers and sinks were different, and the floor plans were all different.
Jackie at the front desk helped out, and gave us a voucher for dinner at the Banana Tree for the Beach BBQ which was great. Thanks Jackie.
Con: I checked with Jackie the afternoon before departure about how to do it. She said if you want help with your bags just call the front desk. Great. 5AM pickup for airport. At 4:30AM we started calling the front desk, but it just rang and rang. My friend walked over to the lobby, and called me, saying there is no one at the desk. So we hauled our suitcases and dive gear from our room out to the front which is a good hike. No one in sight. It was now 5AM. We used the phone at the front desk to call security. All very casual, like OK the man who drives the bus isn't coming today, then the security men could not find the keys to the hotel van. We were getting very concerned about getting to the airport. It all ended up OK but our check out from the Plaza should NOT have been so stressful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoyment without limits, an all-inclusive vacation at Plaza Beach Resort Bonaire. This resort offers 126 spacious air conditioned oversized Suites, both Junior Suites and Grand Suites located either next to the Caribbean Sea or next to the marina laguna. Everything is included: from a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet in our restaurant with sea view to water sport activities, a diving school and a cozy beach bar. With the best beach on Bonaire and a beautiful swimming pool, there is nothing that will stop you from having a vacation to always remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Plaza Resort Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Hotel Bonaire
- Plaza Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Kralendijk