Plaza Resort is a little frayed around the edges in ways, but overall, is a nice place to stay and a good hotel experience. The staff is very accomodating and helpful and take care of problems and requests immediately. We checked in very late, that is, about 2:00 a.m., due to flying the worst airline in history, Dutch Antilles Express- do NOT ever fly this airline, but that's another story. When we checked in the A/C was not working, but when we called the desk about it in the morning, it was fixed and working great by the time we returned from breakfast. I called the desk and requested coffee creamers, and it arrived at the door in less than five minutes. The staff was very pleasant to deal with, with the exception of one female employee at the dining room, who complained that I was taking ice for my cooler from the restaurant as we had been told to do, because the regular ice maker was not working. When I told her that we were instructed to take ice from the dining room, she gave me the "you're full of it" look and stomped off. This lady needs instruction about the cusomer being king. The resort needs a little restoration in places- there are broken/missing tiles in the pool and some wood decks and fences are on their last legs. The location is good, close to the downtown area restaurants and bars etc. The dive shop was very helpful with information regarding dive/snorkel locations and safety info. There is actually only one restaurant open, as the Tipsy Seagull was closed for renovation during our visit. The Coconut Crash bar was very enjoyable and had great friendly bartenders, Liss and Walter. The beach area is very rocky, and difficult to enter the water due to the rocks, but this seems true for all the water entries on the island in our experience. The Plaza is a work in progress in some ways, but I would recommend it as a nice place to stay in Bonaire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoyment without limits, an all-inclusive vacation at Plaza Beach Resort Bonaire. This resort offers 126 spacious air conditioned oversized Suites, both Junior Suites and Grand Suites located either next to the Caribbean Sea or next to the marina laguna. Everything is included: from a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet in our restaurant with sea view to water sport activities, a diving school and a cozy beach bar. With the best beach on Bonaire and a beautiful swimming pool, there is nothing that will stop you from having a vacation to always remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Plaza Resort Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Hotel Bonaire
- Plaza Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Kralendijk