We just returned and I must say, we fully enjoyed being guest at the resort. The hotel and dive shop (Toucan Diving) staff were friendly, helpful and informative. Rooms are clean and spacious.
I wasn't sure what to expect with the location being close to the Airport. Trust me, it's really not an issue. There is little to no noise. Keep in mind this is not ORD or DFW. The aircraft traffic is very light since it's an island and most of the traffic are smaller aircraft.
The highlight of the trip was when Peter our divemaster, speared a lionfish and gave it to me topside. He then advised me to give it to the chef and they would prepare it for us for lunch. I was expecting to only receive a pan seared filet. Much to my surprise, I was given a fully prepared and gourmet presented lionfish meal with all the trimmings. Bravo!
The only downside was the last day of the trip when a kids baseball tournament came to stay. They kept us up most of the night with there "energy"... Really not the place for large kid groups. And we heard a lot of the same complaints from the other guests the next morning. I'm sure the Hotel will make changes to their policy.
One improvement would be to have carts. The resort is really spread out and lugging gear around can be a choir. It's a good walk from the dive shop (where the dive gear lockers are) to the shore dive area at the hotel. It would be great to have carts available for the guests.
The shore diving at the hotel is very good. Entry is easy and the reef and wall is a short swim. Night diving was especially good. Their are 5-10 large Tarpon will use your lights to hunt with as well as eels, crabs and octopus that hang out there.
Bottom line... We'll be back!
Paul Haines and Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoyment without limits, an all-inclusive vacation at Plaza Beach Resort Bonaire. This resort offers 126 spacious air conditioned oversized Suites, both Junior Suites and Grand Suites located either next to the Caribbean Sea or next to the marina laguna. Everything is included: from a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet in our restaurant with sea view to water sport activities, a diving school and a cozy beach bar. With the best beach on Bonaire and a beautiful swimming pool, there is nothing that will stop you from having a vacation to always remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Plaza Resort Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Hotel Bonaire
- Plaza Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Kralendijk