Plaza Resort Bonaire
Eden Beach Resort(Kralendijk)
$124
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
$150
$180
Orbitz.com
Caribbean Club Bonaire(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
$250
Sonrisa(Kralendijk)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
1,226 results
All reviewstoucan divingtipsy seagullgrand suitethe coconut crash barbeach barfishseagull restaurantdive shopfloating dockall inclusive packagecoconut crushbuffet styleshore diverooms are largedive masterocean viewmixed drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was staying at plaza resort with my girlfriend for 2 nights. The resort is well located and only a few minutes from the airport. Since bonaire is a small island, you will find white beaches everywhere, even on a resort next to the airport. We were told that the plaza beach is a hot spot for diving. So we took the chance and entered the water from the hotel beach and amazingly had a swim with a baby turtle! What an experience!!! We had a grand suite with seaview, very spacious and newly refurbished. Very nice. The beach bar is also cery entertaining and we enjoyed a bbq grill party on the beach. In total the hotel offers very good value for money and the beach is absolutely worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2013
plazaresortbonaire1, Manager at Plaza Resort Bonaire, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

All the Plaza Resort Bonaire staff is glad to know that you had a wonderful time with us in our resort. We are truly happy and proud listening that you had been enjoying your stay.

We hope hosting you in the near future, until then take care.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My partner and I took our 6 year old to Bonaire for a weekend.
Beautiful island, but not much to do if your not into water sports.
We stayed in one of the big villas at the Plaza. The villa was very big, but was dated and needed some clean up. The beach was very nice and we even experienced the night divers. Overall, it was just fine...the hotel seriously needs to be updated and maintained.
Grounds, restaurant, bridges, pool area all needs some maintenance. Furthermore, I wanted to have a meal at the restaurant but decided to go for dinner off property once i saw a cat. I have a severe animal phobia and wasn't happy to see that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments based on your last stay here with us at the Plaza Resort Bonaire.
We are sorry to hear that you didn't had much to do if you aren't into watersports. Please have a visit next time at our reception desk where our friendly staff can provide and help you with tours and trips on land. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

First time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful, we had a problem with our room (AC and a light bulb) very minor. They immediately double checked another room and moved us in.
The place needs a lot of work to bring it back to it's glory but if they do that I won't be able to afford it. I feel I got a great value for my hard earned vacation money. The food was really good.
The people are GREAT. We had a good time!

Room Tip: Save your money on an upgrade just go ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing with us your review. It is clear that you did enjoy all that our Resort has to offer. We are elated that your vacation experience was well spent and are grateful for your positive comments. It is delightful knowing you enjoyed the delicious meals and dining experience at our restaurant.

We are doing our utmost to bring it back to it's glory and we hope to welcome you again in the near future to see the improvements.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our third time at the Plaza, first in 2001, two years ago and last week. We were a little nervous previous to our last trip due to some of the extremely negative reviews but are glad we went anyway. This trip was the same. The facilities are showing some wear but they are renovating and going in the right direction. The staff is very friendly, accommodating and responsive. The food is not gourmet, but good and there is plenty of variety. The room was mopped everyday and though if you looked you could find small oversights it was pretty clean by Caribbean standards. We were there to dive of course and it's really hard to beat on that score. Toucan diving is very good and their staff is top notch. This time we did the all inclusive package and felt it was a good value. If you're not on that plan the food and drinks might be considered a little pricey. The location is beautiful and the house reef is a nice dive site.

The bottom line is if you are looking for a reasonably priced dive resort that tries hard to please if fits the bill nicely. If you're looking for top of the line luxury you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Drew W

We are grateful for your positive comments and we are elated that your time with us was a pretty good one. Thank you for your positive comments about our dive operation.

We would be more than happy to host you again in the near future as it was our pleasure doing so on this visit. Until then, best wishes from the Plaza Resort Bonaire

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have a list of destinations to go scuba diving, and at the top was Bonaire. Now I realized this was not the ideal island to take my wife, and I couldn't find anyone else to accompany me, so I went solo. I investigated a number of resorts and found the Plaza Resort to have the best overall value for a single diver.

The Resort

The Plaza Resort is dated and it has seen better days, but my focus was diving and the accommodations were secondary. The room could of used some updating, but the bathroom was obviously recently remodeled. The only real complaint were the mosquitoes. When I first came into the room I noticed burnish brown smudges on the walls. These were squashed mesquitoes from previous occupants. I learned to use bug spray before I went to bed at night. Maybe they should have mosquitoe nets for the beds. The room did overlook the bay.

The beach at the resort is very nice as is the pool, but I am not big on pools.

Restuarants

There is the buffet restuarant. The food is average, but this is a dive resort and you are not paying a premium price. There were a couple of buffet dinner specials that I enjoyed. There is also an a la carte restuarant right on the beach. The food was very good although plan for a long wait between ordering and getting serviced. It wasn't an issue for me. The staff at both the restuarants were attentive. With the bar and restaurants be sure to cover yourself with bug spray. It should be noted that the all inclusive includes top shelve liquor.

Dive Shop

The dive shop rates an excellent. The people that work there were all very accommodating. The divemasters and the captain were personal and there to help if you had an issue. Of course the diving was superb. I may never see better reefs unless I go to S.E. Asia.

I paid $1,500 for myself. That included room, food, booze, 11 dives and a rental truck, which I barely used. Overall, I would rate this a bargain and a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo