Just came back from beautiful week in Bonaire. One of the best vacations I had ever had. Scuba diving is the best ever. Snorkeling (surface interval) was very good too. For scuba diving, take my advise, South side. Don't bother with North and the island, the as good as South side but a lot more hassles. You can dive the same dive site on the south all day long, sites are huge and you will never get bored.
Food - Casablanca is the best. If you are party of 3-4 ask for mixed grill. Enough meat for six adults easily. Breakfast - french place in downtown. Ask to bring eggs first and coffee the last. They don't know the sequence. The hotel's breakfast buffet is very nice too.
Temperature : sunny all day long, sun is above your head all day long - near equator. Bring lots of sun lotion and use it. Cover yourself even in the water. Even in November sun is very active.
Hotel: we stayed in Plaza Resort in Villa. Villas are the way to go.
We stayed in two bedroom one, two huge bedrooms, two bathrooms and large leaving room / full kitchen. Service is great.
Villas have problem with pluming. My bath tub was leaking, had to use second bath tab all the time. They offered us another villa, but new one had very loud air conditioners in the bedroom. Decided to take turns taking showers rather than not sleep.
But hotel itself is very nice. Pluming did not spoil.
People are very nice, you'll have a good time there.
Beaches: the island does not have beautiful beaches like Mexico or Dominican Republic. That's price you pay for beautiful reefs close to the shore for shore diving. Have a rubber shoes to get in and out of the water. But once you are in the water you are in paradise, the water is extra salty, warm and as clear as I don't know what. Have some bread with you and you'll be surrounded by fish in a minute.
In few word : you will enjoy it, as to hotel it seems to be the best on the island. If you want to spend more money rent a villa (I mean one of the beautiful houses on the North side, six bedroom villas).
But all considered, Plaza is the best option for reasonable budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoyment without limits, an all-inclusive vacation at Plaza Beach Resort Bonaire. This resort offers 126 spacious air conditioned oversized Suites, both Junior Suites and Grand Suites located either next to the Caribbean Sea or next to the marina laguna. Everything is included: from a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet in our restaurant with sea view to water sport activities, a diving school and a cozy beach bar. With the best beach on Bonaire and a beautiful swimming pool, there is nothing that will stop you from having a vacation to always remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Plaza Resort Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Hotel Bonaire
- Plaza Hotel Kralendijk
- Plaza Resort Bonaire Kralendijk