“(could be the) Best on the Island!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wil's Restaurant

Wil's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 125 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“(could be the) Best on the Island!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

Visited Wil'sTropical Grill yesterday. They weren't open when we got there, but that was no problem, they got us a drink and we were made to feel welcome.
They've got their own smokehouse and the special fish starter was amazing.
Great indoor/outdoor feel, and fab lighting.
Wine list was full and reasonably priced.
The owners were very friendly, without being overbearing.
A restaurant I'd go back to (and that's saying something)
Hels (London)

• Finnish first
Rye Brook, NY
“Food is good but the service can make you feel unwelcome.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

I just got back from Bonaire and we ate at Wil's on our last night (Jan 2010). We also ate there on Christmas eve of 2005. Both times our experience was similar and a bit disappointing especially after reading good reviews here on this web site. If I was to only judge the food, I would give 4 stars, but the service is 50% of an overall dining experience and that is where this place lacks.
SERVICE:
After being seated the waiter ignored us for a very long time... even for Bonairian standards. After 20 minutes we had no drinks, nobody had even spoken to us ( the waiter actually looked away from us each time he passed our table) and we did not even have a menu. I should mention that the restaurant was only half full at the time, so it's not like the waiter was overwhelmed. When we finally asked if we could please see a menu, the waiter did not speak to us but just walked away and then returned with 2 menus, plopped them on our table and walked away. What's with the attitude? I just don't get it.
FOOD:
I had the ribs and they were good, but nothing incredible. It came with a side of french fries and cole slaw, which was also good, but not exactly a culinary masterpiece. My wife had the seafood pasta, and it too was good, but it was a bit bland and under-seasoned for her taste.
BOTTOM LINE:
Food is good but most of the dishes on the menu are pretty standard with a few exceptions. If you are looking for something new and exciting, look elsewhere. The service can make you feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed, especially if you are not in a big group. There are better dining experiences to be found in Bonaire in my opinion.

1 Thank NYscuba
Biel, Switzerland
“Delicious !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

Simply the best restaurant in Bonaire ! We eat there the first time few days before Christmas and we book soon for the special menu on 24th !
Wil is perfect to find the right mix of spycies for all the dishes !
Everything is perfectly cooked and serve with art.

MELBOURNE BEACH, FL
“Traveling to Bonaire just to eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

I live in Melbourne, Florida were Wil & Sue owned what I would consider "The best restaurant in town" I was so sad when they closed the restaurant and moved to Bonaire..although many have tried, there just hasn't been another restaurant even come close to the class of culinary cuisine that Wil created nightly at Voila. Everything was fresh and wonderful, I miss the roast duck brest with chocolate-orange sauce or the tangerine tuna and the VATAPA soup that he just refuses to give the recipie..lol. So in planning my Carribean cruise...Bonaire was a "Must stop" destination to eat at Wil & Sue's place...It will not disappoint.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Wil's has fresh, imaginative, and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

We visited Wil's Tropical Grille in Kralendijk twice during a recent dive trip to Bonaire. It's a small, intimate place surrounded by lovely tropical trees and plants. The food is fantastic; my husband particularly enjoyed the barbecued ribs, & my wahoo (local fish)with chutney was terrific. Service was excellent, and we especially enjoyed chatting with owners Annie (a native New Yorker) and her husband Wil, who is Dutch. An altogether special experience!