We had a wonderful time in Bonaire and we're really pleased with our accomodations at the Sand Dollar Resort. We stayed in Unit A3 which was a beautiful studio that was literally a few steps away from the dive shop, The Reef restaurant and the pier. The room was lovely, spacious and tastefully decorated with an ocean theme. We loved having a kitchen equipped with all our needs and looking out to our patio with a view of the ocean and Kleine Bonaire from our dining table.
The diving was fantastic and Bonaire Dive and Adventures was professional and friendly. For our buoyancy check, we just jumped off the pier and did a beautiful dive in bari reef to start our week off. We loved diving 1,000 steps, karpata, alice in wonderland, and Jerry's Reef. All the dive sites were fantastic. Snorkeling was wonderful around bari reef, in our opinion, although we read some reviews that it was too deep and overrated. I mean we saw an octopus, moray eel, hundreds of fish in just 5 ft of water steps away form the pier. We couldn't get luckier.
We also kayaked through the mangroves. The guides were great and it was very educational. It was slightly more physically challenging than i thought during the swimming/snorkeling part. swimming through a channel against the current had me a bit out of breath, but it was worth it and so were the mosquito bites.
All in all, it was fantastic and we would definitely return to Bonaire and stay at the Sand Dollar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar Condominiums, member of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, offers guests everything they need to enjoy the best of Bonaire’s scuba diving with their “Ride to the Reef” packages including condo, diving and rental truck for island exploring. All Sand Dollar units have individual modems offering free high speed Wi-Fi, air-conditioned bedrooms, full kitchens, dining and living areas, and roomy porches or balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The complex includes a pool, Eddy’s bar and restaurant, several seaside lounging areas, seaside grill areas, two tennis courts, deli and ice cream parlor. Several good restaurants and a full service gym are located within easy walking distance. Sand Dollar’s on-property dive partner Dive Friends Bonaire operates a dive center adjacent to the Sand Dollar Reception Office with a drive up tank station, rinse tanks, rental gear, private gear storage lockers that can be accessed 24/7. Tanks and benches for gearing up for shore diving Sand Dollar house reef Bari Reef are located seaside just steps away from a sandy beach entry. REEF organization rates Bari Reef the #1 site in the Caribbean/Atlantic for species richness, with a recorded 403 species to date. Tanks can be access from this are 24/7, enabling diving on the house reef dawn, day, dusk and night. In addition to having Dive Friends on-property facilities at their disposal, Sand Dollar guests have the added benefit of being able to swap out tanks for shore diving at any of the Dive Friends facilities at Dive Inn, Yellow Submarine, Port Bonaire and Hamlet Oasis. Dive boats depart from Dive Friends Yellow Submarine, a 3 minute drive in your rental vehicle, at 9:00 AM for morning 2-tank dives. You’ll be back in time for lunch to then take advantage of unlimited tanks for shore diving the rest of the day. Whatever your preference – studio or three bedroom, shore diving or boat diving, they have the condominium option and dive package perfectly suited for you and your fellow travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Bonaire/Kralendijk