A group of divers shared a second floor 3-bedroom condo February 16-23. We were very pleasantly surprised by the amount of outdoor space we had. There were a number of hooks to hang our suits and gear to dry in between dives and more importantly, after our last dive.
All of the rooms were generous and well appointed. Two of the bedrooms had ensuites. The only thing that detracted from the unit was a musty smell in one of the kitchen cupboards. Other than that it was superb. This was my third trip to Bonaire and second staying at Sand Dollar. The reef right off the property has lots to see and very easy to access.
Eddy's Restaurant has a great breakfast buffet on the weekend and dinner through the week was excellent.
Dive Friends Bonaire has a facility on the property to provide tanks, weights, and most things you might need. If they don't have what you need there, one of their other locations probably will. We were very well looked after by Shelly and Suus during our stay. We told them when we arrived they would remember us with fond memories, and I can say without a doubt we certainly will remember them that way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar Condominiums, member of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, offers guests everything they need to enjoy the best of Bonaire’s scuba diving with their “Ride to the Reef” packages including condo, diving and rental truck for island exploring. All Sand Dollar units have individual modems offering free high speed Wi-Fi, air-conditioned bedrooms, full kitchens, dining and living areas, and roomy porches or balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The complex includes a pool, Eddy’s bar and restaurant, several seaside lounging areas, seaside grill areas, two tennis courts, deli and ice cream parlor. Several good restaurants and a full service gym are located within easy walking distance. Sand Dollar’s on-property dive partner Dive Friends Bonaire operates a dive center adjacent to the Sand Dollar Reception Office with a drive up tank station, rinse tanks, rental gear, private gear storage lockers that can be accessed 24/7. Tanks and benches for gearing up for shore diving Sand Dollar house reef Bari Reef are located seaside just steps away from a sandy beach entry. REEF organization rates Bari Reef the #1 site in the Caribbean/Atlantic for species richness, with a recorded 403 species to date. Tanks can be access from this are 24/7, enabling diving on the house reef dawn, day, dusk and night. In addition to having Dive Friends on-property facilities at their disposal, Sand Dollar guests have the added benefit of being able to swap out tanks for shore diving at any of the Dive Friends facilities at Dive Inn, Yellow Submarine, Port Bonaire and Hamlet Oasis. Dive boats depart from Dive Friends Yellow Submarine, a 3 minute drive in your rental vehicle, at 9:00 AM for morning 2-tank dives. You’ll be back in time for lunch to then take advantage of unlimited tanks for shore diving the rest of the day. Whatever your preference – studio or three bedroom, shore diving or boat diving, they have the condominium option and dive package perfectly suited for you and your fellow travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Bonaire/Kralendijk