Our party had rented a three bedroom and a one bedroom unit last week. This is a very good location about two miles north of downtown; near enough to town but far enough to be quiet. All units are designed to be oceanfront and about 50 steps from the ocean. Most of the units are individually owned and can be rented directly from the owner or through Sand Dollar. That being said there are variations as to the condition and finish of each unit. We found that the units are not five star, but I would rate them ranging from 3 and half to four star. We were a mixture of divers and snorkellers and the location is great for both with the reef right out on front.
Just to compare, I looked up other places to the north and in town that I has considered staying at and came to the conclusion that the Sand Dollar was the best. I could go on but suffice it to say that if we come back to Bonaire we definitely would stay at the Sand Dollar again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar Condominiums, member of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, offers guests everything they need to enjoy the best of Bonaire’s scuba diving with their “Ride to the Reef” packages including condo, diving and rental truck for island exploring. All Sand Dollar units have individual modems offering free high speed Wi-Fi, air-conditioned bedrooms, full kitchens, dining and living areas, and roomy porches or balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The complex includes a pool, Eddy’s bar and restaurant, several seaside lounging areas, seaside grill areas, two tennis courts, deli and ice cream parlor. Several good restaurants and a full service gym are located within easy walking distance. Sand Dollar’s on-property dive partner Dive Friends Bonaire operates a dive center adjacent to the Sand Dollar Reception Office with a drive up tank station, rinse tanks, rental gear, private gear storage lockers that can be accessed 24/7. Tanks and benches for gearing up for shore diving Sand Dollar house reef Bari Reef are located seaside just steps away from a sandy beach entry. REEF organization rates Bari Reef the #1 site in the Caribbean/Atlantic for species richness, with a recorded 403 species to date. Tanks can be access from this are 24/7, enabling diving on the house reef dawn, day, dusk and night. In addition to having Dive Friends on-property facilities at their disposal, Sand Dollar guests have the added benefit of being able to swap out tanks for shore diving at any of the Dive Friends facilities at Dive Inn, Yellow Submarine, Port Bonaire and Hamlet Oasis. Dive boats depart from Dive Friends Yellow Submarine, a 3 minute drive in your rental vehicle, at 9:00 AM for morning 2-tank dives. You’ll be back in time for lunch to then take advantage of unlimited tanks for shore diving the rest of the day. Whatever your preference – studio or three bedroom, shore diving or boat diving, they have the condominium option and dive package perfectly suited for you and your fellow travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Bonaire/Kralendijk