This is our eighth time to stay with Sand Dollar and unfortunately may be the last. We loved our room (B5). Its the 2nd time we stayed there.We love the location, the convenience, Eddys Bar and Grill, and Bari Reef.
But the service at Sand Dollar must be reflective of new management or the lack thereof. While I could really care less about using the internet while I'm there, some in my party needed access for personal and professional reasons. We were there for two weeks and never had internet availability. Eventually those needing access had to go over to the chat and browse to conduct business.
Evidently there is a shortage of toilet paper and soap on the island. We only got rooms cleaned on Mondays and Thursdays.. I'm OK with that, but if that is your plan then provide us with a few extra towels, extra soap, and by all means EXTRA TOILET PAPER! There were four of us in the room, no extra paper left. One of us went to the front office to get extra and were given one roll. When ask for more the little angry man behind the counter refused, saying the maid would bring more later. I had to go over again and ask the same little angry man a few days later and again was told the maid would bring it! Holy Crap! There seems to be a rif between sand dollar and the on site dive center. Evidently sand dollar is building their own dive shop. Really? They can't even keep us in crap paper, how can we expect them to run a proper dive center? They need to be sure they are providing the basic services expected in the provided rooms, before expanding to other ventures.
I hope they get back to where they were a few years ago. We love the location, Bari Reef, the convenience, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar Condominiums, member of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, offers guests everything they need to enjoy the best of Bonaire’s scuba diving with their “Ride to the Reef” packages including condo, diving and rental truck for island exploring. All Sand Dollar units have individual modems offering free high speed Wi-Fi, air-conditioned bedrooms, full kitchens, dining and living areas, and roomy porches or balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The complex includes a pool, Eddy’s bar and restaurant, several seaside lounging areas, seaside grill areas, two tennis courts, deli and ice cream parlor. Several good restaurants and a full service gym are located within easy walking distance. Sand Dollar’s on-property dive partner Dive Friends Bonaire operates a dive center adjacent to the Sand Dollar Reception Office with a drive up tank station, rinse tanks, rental gear, private gear storage lockers that can be accessed 24/7. Tanks and benches for gearing up for shore diving Sand Dollar house reef Bari Reef are located seaside just steps away from a sandy beach entry. REEF organization rates Bari Reef the #1 site in the Caribbean/Atlantic for species richness, with a recorded 403 species to date. Tanks can be access from this are 24/7, enabling diving on the house reef dawn, day, dusk and night. In addition to having Dive Friends on-property facilities at their disposal, Sand Dollar guests have the added benefit of being able to swap out tanks for shore diving at any of the Dive Friends facilities at Dive Inn, Yellow Submarine, Port Bonaire and Hamlet Oasis. Dive boats depart from Dive Friends Yellow Submarine, a 3 minute drive in your rental vehicle, at 9:00 AM for morning 2-tank dives. You’ll be back in time for lunch to then take advantage of unlimited tanks for shore diving the rest of the day. Whatever your preference – studio or three bedroom, shore diving or boat diving, they have the condominium option and dive package perfectly suited for you and your fellow travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Bonaire/Kralendijk