5th stay at Sand Dollar - We come to dive and do not require fancy digs
We stayed in unit C9 (2 bedroom) this year and last.
- Good value for clean unit with screened in porch, ocean view and good AC
- Easy access to Bari Reef when diving with collated dive shop BDA (Bonaire Dive and Adventure)
- 24/7 access to tanks for shore diving with BDA package
- Bari Reef itself is fantastic diving
- Breakfast package with Eddy's
- Friendly service.. the staff is great
- It's time for C9 to get a general renovation and an update. The unit overall is worn and tired, shower doors are corroded and bathrooms smell of mildew.
- Sand Dollar and BDA are having some sort of snit (more on this later)
- We saw a rat run accross the floor in the living room last year (we named him Ricky)
- We heard Ricky scratching around again this year in his usual hiding place
- When your guests start naming the rat, it's time to eliminate the rat
For five years we have taken the package with BDA and have been very satisfied.
For some unknown reason Sand Dollar has decided to de-partner with BDA and partner with another dive shop. This does not serve customers well. Which option would you rather take:
1. 24/7 access to tanks, gear locker, rinse tanks and dock facilities at the collated dive shop
2. Get up each morning and drive around Bonaire to get your tanks. Store your stinky gear in your room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar Condominiums, member of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, offers guests everything they need to enjoy the best of Bonaire’s scuba diving with their “Ride to the Reef” packages including condo, diving and rental truck for island exploring. All Sand Dollar units have individual modems offering free high speed Wi-Fi, air-conditioned bedrooms, full kitchens, dining and living areas, and roomy porches or balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The complex includes a pool, Eddy’s bar and restaurant, several seaside lounging areas, seaside grill areas, two tennis courts, deli and ice cream parlor. Several good restaurants and a full service gym are located within easy walking distance. Sand Dollar’s on-property dive partner Dive Friends Bonaire operates a dive center adjacent to the Sand Dollar Reception Office with a drive up tank station, rinse tanks, rental gear, private gear storage lockers that can be accessed 24/7. Tanks and benches for gearing up for shore diving Sand Dollar house reef Bari Reef are located seaside just steps away from a sandy beach entry. REEF organization rates Bari Reef the #1 site in the Caribbean/Atlantic for species richness, with a recorded 403 species to date. Tanks can be access from this are 24/7, enabling diving on the house reef dawn, day, dusk and night. In addition to having Dive Friends on-property facilities at their disposal, Sand Dollar guests have the added benefit of being able to swap out tanks for shore diving at any of the Dive Friends facilities at Dive Inn, Yellow Submarine, Port Bonaire and Hamlet Oasis. Dive boats depart from Dive Friends Yellow Submarine, a 3 minute drive in your rental vehicle, at 9:00 AM for morning 2-tank dives. You’ll be back in time for lunch to then take advantage of unlimited tanks for shore diving the rest of the day. Whatever your preference – studio or three bedroom, shore diving or boat diving, they have the condominium option and dive package perfectly suited for you and your fellow travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Bonaire/Kralendijk