We've stayed at the Divi 3 times and are going back for our 4th. We love to snorkel and, after having been to several Caribbean islands and Mexico (Antigua, Dominican Republic x3, St. Martin, Turks & Caicos, Cozumel, Tulum), Bonaire is the only place we thought about buying a timeshare, which we did, because of the shore snorkeling.
Divi is a convenient walk to town, has two pools and you can just walk right into the water and snorkel away! And, see lots of fish!
We have a studio timeshare with a small kitchen, two queen beds, couch and screened in porch. It's perfect for our needs. We also love the fact that there is a casino on site. Although we're not big gamblers, we love going there after walking back from dinner in town. Because it is so laid back, there isn't a lot of pressure. If you're an avid gambler, I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy the casino, but if you like to gamble a bit or if you like roulette, blackjack or slots ( I don't think, but I'm not sure, there is a craps table), you'll probably enjoy at least a visit to the casino.
The restaurant, the Chibi-Chibi is great for lunch...very convenient and the food is good. They also have a breakfast buffet, which is also good, but because we have a kitchen, we only take advantage of the buffet once or twice during our week's stay.
This is not a new property and the rooms are not 4 or 5 star. However, they are decent, comfortable and convenient and all rooms are a short walk from one of the two pools or from the water.
I understand that the Dive shop and dive pros are some of the best on the island, but since we don't drive, I wouldn't know. Check out TA for reviews on the dive shop at the Divi.
The lobby also has wifi access which is nice.
We are very happy with our timeshare purchase at the Divi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino allows you to experience the simple pleasure of tropical life. Whether you want to lounge around all day by one of our two freshwater pools, test your luck in our on-site casino at night, relax with a massage in the on-site spa, or scuba dive and snorkel through the beautiful Caribbean ocean, our Bonaire resort offers a truly memorable experience for all ages. Divi Flamingo is colorful, laidback, and fun; our resort and casino serves as the perfect home base for divers and vacationers drawn to explore the unpretentious island and stunning waters surrounding Bonaire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Flamingo Beach Hotel Kralendijk
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort And Casino Bonaire/Kralendijk