“An excellent location, great staff, EXCELLENT dive shop and dive masters made for a wonderful tme.”

Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Kralendijk
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The Divi Flamingo is the perfect location-not far from town- you can walk into town in about 8 min, close to grocery stores, the grounds are beautiful, the office staff especially Mirna is top noch,the food is good, the dive shop girls and managers are top notch, the diving is very good, the dive masters know where to find the seahorses and frog fish. We ate breakfast and lunch on the property and it was very good. The only thing the Divi should do is start breakfast at 6:30am instead of 7:00am because sometimes the boats leave at 8:15. It would be nice to have a littel more time in between breakfast and diving. Nel is a great host at breakfast. Also the back gate should be locked with those staying at the Divi having a key. Security is a little to relaxed.
All in all I wouldn't stay at any other resort. We love the Divi Flamingo- what more can I say!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank hitbrits

Reviewed August 14, 2012

With recommendations from Just Add Water in Cleveland and Dreamweaver Travel in Boulder, we traveled to Bonaire and stayed at the Divi so our son could dive with Serge de Groote, Ruud and the staff at Divi Dive Bonaire and the rest of the family could snorkel. Although others have raved about the diving and the professionalism of the dive center and staff, we would like to add another dimension - the care the center took in working with our son who has some special needs challenges. The situation there is ideal and this was our family's best experience as far as a dive center working with our son and our family's diving and snorkeling experiences. They were outstanding - trying to understand and then accommodate our son. They took great care during his orientation dive, sought us out to find out more about him and if there was anything they could do to support him. Thank you for an amazing and memorable experience!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank m r
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Divi Flamingo was a good resort. Rooms were clean, the shower was great (important as we were scuba diving daily), breakfast buffet was delicious.

I was disappointed that my luggage was delayed by Delta (not Divi's fault) HOWEVER - when my DIVE gear finally showed up on Thursday (I had arrived on Saturday) it would have been kind of the hotel to deliver it to my room. I was actually diving on the property all afternoon. Instead of a) delivering it to my room b) leaving a note on my door c) informing the dive shop who would have told me it was here, the front desk decided that calling my room at 11:00pm at night was the best way to get the message to me. Since most divers are in bed and sound asleep by 9:00-9:30pm calling at 11pm was a little inconsiderate. OH - And we called twice for sheets for the fold out sofa which never appeared even though we waited up for them. Front desk fail.

The dive shop team including Serge & Astrid were very helpful getting me set up with equipment so I appreciate their efforts.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you're going on a dive vaction, the Divi Bonaire is the place to go. Upon arrival you are greeted by friendly staff Harlin and Waldi at the front desk. The hotel is older, but well kept and secure. You will be greeted at breakfast buffet each morning by Diana who is always smiling. General Manager Sara sprung into action when our return flight was cancelled (on a Saturday night) and we need six rooms for an additional night. Dive services headed by Serge was excellent. A fully equipped dive shop, lockers are only feet from boats and reef diving. Bring a padlock for dive locker. Rinse tanks conveniently located on dock. Dive Masters Luis and Rudd are exceptional. They are very knowledgeable and go out of thier way to assist divers with equipment. Night dives were amazing. We stayed in an ocean view room that was quite comfortable. New refridgerator and wall safe. Within walking distance to town. Cannot wait for the next trip!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I am writing this from our balcony over the water on our last day. Just came back from our last dive. This place combines easy, easy diving (lockers right by the tanks right by the boats, easy entry and exit, etc.) with the relative luxury of a resort hotel (if you aren't looking for the four seasons), with the closest location to town. The on-site restaurant is good and not overpriced, and you can walk to most other restaurants. If only there were more convenient flights to and from the NY area. But maybe that's a good thing too. It might get too crowded. I'm conflicted-- I want the divi to stay relaxed and uncrowded, but I also want them to succeed and be able to pay their wonderful employees what they deserve.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It goes without saying that a dive resort needs to be professional, welcoming, helpful and safe. Divi definitely achieves this high level of service. Sometimes it's the little details that set a dive resort apart from others and I like to take notice of these. From handy mask wash dispensers to well kept and secure lockers; knowledgable divemasters and convenient dive boats; well organized schedules and amicable shop staff - I would definitely boat dive with the Divi team again.

I stayed in Room 105 and could receive Internet signal from the lobby which was extremely handy. Gorgeous ground floor room with balcony at the waters edge and a very comfortable bed. I loved the added touch of a clothes line over the bath for hanging wet bikinis! Good sized fridge and coffee maker too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pollypirate
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Dive operation was the best. Lockers built on the dock right by where you board the boats to dive. Only a short ride to the different sites. Night diving off the pier was very good. Fun watching the tarpon dart in to feed on fishe which was lit up by the lights. The hotel itself was clean, but older. Working on refurbishing and it is needed. Food at the restaurant was good, but slow. Would actually give the hotel rooms a "3" , dive operation a "5" and location a "5". Bring a padlock for the dive locker. Dive staff are great from Serge (runs the operation) to boat captains and divemasters. Service staff are nice, but not very helpful, attitude is much more laid back. Scuba was the focus of our trip and we were very happy. Definitely planning om coming back.

Room Tip: The rooms/suites around the pool to the north are updated, close to dive operation and include a ful...