“Great Diving..”

Dive Friends Bonaire
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center on the island of Bonaire - "Diver's Paradise!" With 7 locations around the island, you won't have to travel far to pick up or drop off tanks, get advice about good shore dive sites, sign up for dive training, shop for cool new gear or just relax with a cold drink and meet some new dive buddies.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Ok, so Im a new diver only alittle more than 1 year. Went diving in the caymans, loved it, was hooked and now went diving in Bonaire. So my diving partner (my son) couldnt come this time, and my wife doesnt dive. Being a new diver I didnt want to go with another diver, I wanted a dive master, I went to Dive Friends, scheduled 4 dives. I have my own equipment, all I needed was air and weights and the divemaster. We did shore dives, and he was phenomenal. I have to admit, that my first dive with him, took me a few minutes, my BC was tight and I was alittle apprehensive, after going down 5ft, had to come back up, was nervous, but once I adjusted my BC took a few breaths off we went. He was understanding, patient, and professional. Did all my dives with him. So my hats off to Dive Friends, and I will be back next year, with my son and do some shore dives and boat dives.

2  Thank travelphotoNY
Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)
All reviews
"see you next year"
"unlimited air"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just returned today from a week diving in Bonaire. We used Dive Friends because of the high ratings in sites like this one. The Sand Dollar Dive Friends' shop was closest to our residence, so we stopped in there to purchase our mandatory Bonaire National Marine Park Stamp and set up our tank supplies, weights and any other equipment needed for the excursion. Liz was very helpful in letting us know where various dives and easy entrance areas were for one of our party who was less mobile than the others. We signed up for the PADI Shore Diver's Specialty taught by Alex Van Der Kroft at the Kaya Playa Leche Dive Friends store in Kralendijk, and were impressed with his confident and easy going teacher style. During the many days of getting refill tanks for dives, Suze, who works at many of the Bonaire Dive Friends' shops, was also a great help in steering us in the right direction with suggestions for great dives. We highly recommend these shops and their employees in helping divers get what they want from a Bonaire visit.

2  Thank Damian F
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We used Dive Friends for two boat trips and some gear/repair needs during our week in Bonaire. G and M took us to Klein and showed us Forest, which was one of our favorite dives of the week. The next day we went north for two great dives with Richard and Robert and really enjoyed not only the diving, but getting to know them and the others on the boat as well. There are many choices for diving on Bonaire, and Dive Friends really went the extra mile to make sure we were happy and well looked after; from Emily the intern to everyone in both shops!!! Thanks everyone!

1  Thank Girefamily
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Recently returned from a 3 week trip to Bonaire! We stayed at Port Bonaire, which was very convenient as the Port Bonaire Dive Friends location is right on the property! Having several other locations placed around the island didn't hurt either and made our diving vacation all the better.

We based at port bonaire where Robert, Boog, and Bas helped out in arranging our paperwork and unlimited air package as we did mostly shore diving. the shop was well organized and the staff was informative and friendly. We can usually get a feeling right away how your dive shop experience will be and dive friends didn't disappoint!

we also took a nitrox cert class at the yellow sub location where Suuz, and Jamie couldn't have been better teachers and always explained things with a smile. We passed with ease and were analyzing our mixes and hooked up with nitrox tanks by the next day! Ilsa was also super helpful in running the shop, describing great dive spots around the island and even helped me find a new mask that would work for me when i realized my old mask had a crack in it.

On our last diving day we finally decided to do a boat dive and immediately wished we had done a few more earlier in the trip. Richard and 'volunteer' Rob picked us up right at our resort and taxi'd us over to pick up the rest of the divers. Again, very convenient! The diving at Klein Bonaire was so awesome! The crew was very professional, knowledgeable about the sites and island in general and the dives all went smooth. The guys handled the wide range of experience levels in our group wonderfully and everyone had a great time! Even our helper Ugo rocked it! Richard and Robert also helped me fix/replace my gauge pressure hose that was leaking. Really above and beyond helpful!

We did shore dives from the Hamlet and Dive Inn locations as well where Alex, Asko, Eunan and Patrick were always available to point out where we might find interesting things (seahorses or frogfish) and were so nice and always up for a short chat to make us feel welcome. The shop on the town main street was also well appointed and a great place to stop and pick up any supplies we needed.

Overall, top notch service, professional friendly staff, convenient locations all over the island and competitive prices make Dive Friends THE place to go for diving on Bonaire. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank twinsrin