“Awesome Adventure”

Aquaspace Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Aquaspace, a trimaran designed and builded in the beginning of the 80's by a famous french architect, Jacques Rougerie. Friend and co- worker of Jacques Cousteau. This unique vessel has a great history as of being used as center for marine biology studies durind the 80's. After coming to Bonaire it became a charter boat wich gives you a lot of variety. Sailing, snorkling, our sundecks and of course this incredible underwater observation deck.The Aquaspace... A little bit of everything!!
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was the highlight of our trip as far as excursions go, we highly recommend it if you are looking for something to do in Bonaire. Capt Ed and his First Mate Babette are what really made this a great day. We did some sailing, watched the coral and sea life from the pod underneath and enjoyed the company of others. Babette served us snacks, a gourmet grilled cheese from the bbq and lots of rum after the snorkeling was done. All in all a fantastic day which we will never forget. A special thanks to Capt Ed and Babette for assisting her during boarding as she was very apprehensive about her footing on the sloped rear deck.

1  Thank Doug R

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a fantastic time on this vessel. Seeing Klein Bonaire from the glass bottom was breath taking. Also the dinner and snorkelling were great. Captain Ed is an excellent host.

1  Thank Tobin K
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Bonaire is a lovely island but I don’t think there is too much to do ashore, the highlight is definitely to be found underwater. Aquaspace is a great option for a trip as it means snorkelers and non snorkelers from the same family can enjoy the marine life as it is a tri-miran with the central hull being 90% made of glass so you can see the ocean floor in the marine park around Klein Bonaire. I saw my husband and sons snorkelling with a wide variety of marine life whilst I enjoyed the view from the comfort of the glass hull. Snorkelling equipment is willingly provided at no charge. Fans are positioned in this central hull to keep spectators cool. If you fancy a change you can move up top to sunbathe on the cushions as you glide along the beautiful coastline. There were 13 on our tour from the cruise ship but there was plenty of room to accommodate more. The tour was run by Babette and Captain Ed who were very friendly and laid back but efficient too and Babette was on hand with fresh fruit and wraps along with beers, water, soda and juice which were unexpected but very welcome. Oh and there was a BBQ on the back of the boat and she made some amazing quesadillas! I think everyone on the boat gave a tip although there was no tip bucket or anything tacky like that and it wasn’t expected by Ed and Babette but we all had such a good time and one lady was so happy she even hugged dear Babette at the end of the tour!

1  Thank rachwilko
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Everything about this Operation is First Class, at least in my opinion. It was the highlight of our trip to Bonaire and a must do if you plan a trip to Bonaire. My wife and I, along with another couple, recently visited Bonaire for a week of Scuba Diving. While researhing this trip on Trip Advisor, I came across Aquaspace. I went to their Website and was fascinated by the design of this ship. It is a Sailing Ship, but also has Diesel Engines used when there is no wind for sailing. What makes this ship Unique is not what is above water, but what you don't see underwater. Most "Glassbottom Boats" have a glass floor you look down into, Aquaspace gives it a whole New meaning. The floor is not glass but the walls are. Once you go below deck, your are in a different world. You have a Semi-Panoramic View to look around you and see everything. Depending on Visibility, you can see over 100 feet in most all directions. Very Kool if your not a diver or Snokeler. You have plenty of room to sit and watch all kinds of sealife going by. The Submersible portion is Air Conditioned. The way the boat is set up is the top deck where there is plenty of room on deck for Sunbathing, the middle deck for the sleeping quarters and Galley, then down a staircase into the Submersible. As soon asnwe pulled away from the dock, Iran down to the Submersible and watched as we left the dock. We must have been less than 3 feet off the bottom. Once we were out of the Marina, the bottom became a dark blue expanse until we got close to Klien Bonaire, the sea bottom began to rise and we sailed along in 35 to 50 feet of water. Lots of fish and a couple of sea turtles. For those of us snorkeling, Captain Ed dropped us off so we could drift to where he eventually tied the boat to a bouy. Saw lots of sealife. The cruise we had signed up for was the afternoon BBQ cruise which was $75.00 a person and well worth it. The cruise left the dock at 2:00 and we returned around 7:30. Got to see a spectacular Sunset. We brought our own euipment, but Ed will supply you with his which is included in the price along with all beverages and food. Captain Ed and his Wonderful First Mate, Babbette were Amazing hosts. They both made sure we had anything we needed. If youneede a beer or beverage, just ask. They are both very friendly and knowledgeable, very easy to talk with and made the Entire Experience so enjoyable. But I have been saving the Best For last...The Food. It in itself was worth the money. It was Gourmet'...Chicken Kabobs grilled on the Boat...yes, he has a gas grill on the back of the boat. Make sure you get plenty of the Peanut Sauce too, he makes a pot full,.. good on everything he served. The pasta salad and the house salad and homemade salad dressing was fabulous, and I don't normally eat pasta salad. You must try it all. For the main course...Tuna..Ed grilled it to each guest liking. There was 12 of us on the boat, a ton of food left over and we were all stuffed. Then we began to sail back to the Marina and watched the Sunset. We all agreed, it was the Best part of our Trip.
Contact Ed via Email. He will promptly answer you. The customer service I received was outstanding. Ed and Babbette were the Best, they made you feel like part of their family and treated us so Good. I will be booking with Captain Ed on our next trip to Bonaire and strongly suggest you do too.
On a side note, I Strongly Reccomend taking a Bug Spray with you when visiting Bonaire. I cannot stress this enough, the insects will drive you insane. I suggest going on Ebay and purchasing Skin So Soft by Avon. You won't be sorry.
This was our First Trip to Bomaire. We stayed at Captain Don's Habitat, very clean and no complaints. I will cover that under another review.
We flew Insel Air from Charlotte to Curacao, and from there to Bonaire. DO NOT buy Liquor inside the Charlotte Airport. Once we arrived in Curacao, your are made to go out of the Secure area witwh your carry on luggage, which meant we had 4 Liters of alcohol $80.00, that we could not bring onto the plane because it has to be packed in your Checked luggage which you have no way to get to, thus, TSA made us throw it in the trash. Once we got to Bonaire, we went to the local grocery store, Topps, and it was the same price as it was at the Charlotte Airport...hope this helped.

Note to Ed and Babbette, thank you both for your hospitalityand for making our Trip with you a blast. Look forward to seeing you both again.

2  Thank ruffsc
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was so excited to be able to cruise by Klein Bonaire in this glass bottom boat with a great view of the reef. Only way that we were able to have my 74 year old mother share in the beauty we all saw in Bonaire. Then the food, the breakfast was unbelievable. Ed was a great host and showed us a great time on this unique boat, so glad we got to do this.

1  Thank traveltimes_13