“Now Paradise Moon and on the waterfront, so good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paradise Moon Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Paradise Moon Bar & Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We thank you all for joining us through the years. We appreciate each & every one of you. We have closed our doors but you may still enjoy most of our delicious dishes as well as some new favorites at the same location. Please stop by & visit Luis at Diver's Diner Bar & Grill.
Hartford, Connecticut
“Now Paradise Moon and on the waterfront, so good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Add me to the list of devotees of Paradise Moon. My son and daughter ate there three times during their week, and of course pushed us to go.
We were welcomed with big smiles and shown to a table for four (we were only two) with a view of the water and sunset.
The winds kept us cool, and the mossies were few and slow.
I began with a Captain's Plank cocktail which was delicious if a bit sweet, but that is my wife's favorite way. We sampled the walking sticks after hearing so much about them, and they are unique, and wonderful. They are about 6 to 8 inches long, crispy outside and rolled tight around cream cheese and bacon, maybe more inside, and served standing up in a glass of pepper sauce, sweet with a bite.
Despite their hot temperature to begin, you can't slow down. My wife dropped a small piece into the sauce and I tried to spear it before she could so I could have a little extra. That good!
Then, with the recommendation of our hostess, we had the pulled pork tacos and the dorado with poblano sauce.
The tacos were delicately fried until crispy outside, but the pork flavor shown through at each crunchy bite. This came with refritos (refried beans) and a lovely rice cooked with cinnamon, of all things. The beans were great, and I got them all since my better half doesn't like beans. Her fish came with a mild green pepper sauce (poblano pepper) on a grilled hefty slice of firm but tender fish, cooked perfectly and fork tender. I got all of her black beans, fortunately for me. She ate the tomato relish, and praised it highly.
Ah, dessert. Some were missing due to non arrival of containers from the ships that couldn't come in the hurricane, but the molten chocolate cake drenched in chocolate raspberry sauce (new to me) with a soft flowing liquid warm chocolate center encased in dense flourless dark chocolate cake was fantastic. Not to be too low in calories, it was delivered with a spoon of homemade chocolate ice cream. Since we were a bit full, I only ordered a small serving of just the chocolate ice cream, but what is considered small in Texas is huge on Bonaire.
I had no trouble hogging it all down.
Really, this was all wonderful food, and we will be back for more this week.

Kent
“Papaya Moon. Give it a go...you know you want to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We have been to Bonaire a few times now and although I am not a mad keen mexican food fan I just adore Papaya Moon.

We were fans when it was in its old location in the town centre ( OMG peanut butter pie)
and when we returned to find it shut down we were very dissapointed. However thankfully they had put their new location address right by Harbour Village.

What is best on their menu?

A very difficult question indeed

Whether its their Quesadillas or Crazy Nachos for starters or their Fishy Tacos or Coconut Curry Vegetable Stir Fry (sorry all my faves) and their deserts well I adore their Grandma's sizzlin apple pie with ice cream or of course their peanut butter pie are my top two!!!!

The service is excellent, portions are generous and overall very well priced. Join the Happy hour (half priced cocktails and beers) 5pm - 6.30pm -at time of writing and stay for dinner. You can view their menu online. They are located right by Harbour Village.

I guarantee you will return!

South Devon, United Kingdom
“'ok'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2009

In our opinion the Papaya moon was 'ok' average we'd say. ( 6 of us) The food was hot, fresh & tasty but nothing inspiring. The service however was overwhelming at times with 3 waiters trying to serve us all at the same time and then a whopping 20% added to the bill at the end.

Pennsylvania
“Unique and delicious cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2008

Papaya Moon sits just at the north end of downtown on the main road. It has an indoor dining room as well as an outdoor courtyard that is perfect for dinner on a nice evening.

The food is somewhat of a mix of Mexican, Carribean, and International cuisine - although that may sound weird at first, the food is phenomenal. I had a dish of rice with shrimp stuffed with bacon and jalapeno peppers and topped with a fruity glaze that was excellent. But the real highlight was the dessert shared with my wife - apple pie and ice cream served on a sizzling skillet...a perfect way to end a day in the water. The restaurant also has an extensive drink menus.

If you can bear to eat away from the waterfront, Papaya Moon will reward you with food that is far superior to what you will find on the water.