“Lone Star State in the Antilles!”
Review of Paradise Moon Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Paradise Moon Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We thank you all for joining us through the years. We appreciate each & every one of you. We have closed our doors but you may still enjoy most of our delicious dishes as well as some new favorites at the same location. Please stop by & visit Luis at Diver's Diner Bar & Grill.
“Lone Star State in the Antilles!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Infusion of Texas style meat dishes and island cuisine. Lionfish ceviche is a great dish and a great cause to support!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ajdeads

Durham, nc
“Overcooked, inedible tuna”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I'm sorry to say that the grilled tuna (special of the day AND ordered raw) was very overcooked and extremely chewy. I had 2 bites and pushed my plate away. The waiter asked about it and I explained the problem, and he took the full dish back to the kitchen. The chef came out to explain that local tuna is smaller and tougher than "supermarket" tuna, and didn't cook up as well. The main problem I had is that I had "melt-in-your-mouth tuna the night before (at a different restaraunt) and was craving more. i'm sorry that "local" tuna is small, tough, and way overcooked (um, that's a chef problem, not a Bonairian tuna problem) but then there was NO solution. We received the bill and were charged for full price for both meals, when I had clearly taken only 2 bites off the entire plate. Good news is that my husband cleaned his vegetarian plate of mushroom & black bean turnovers, although wouldn't return for more. So unfortunately, bad review is due to bad food AND charging me full price for not eating it. Maybe it's a dutch thing? Having to wait at the bar for ~15 minutes when there were plenty of open tables was another negative.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank firehouse2Durham_nc
Midwest
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This wasn't the fanciest place we went to, but we were ready for a more casual dinner and this fit the bill. We had our choice of tables, not busy. We chose to have a view of the sea in the garden area (no bugs that night). Service was prompt and friendly. We had the lionfish ceviche which was great. Fish tacos were excellent and the special of the night, coconut shrimp with mango sauce was fresh and delicious. We shared a heavenly chocolate torte which topped off a very nice meal.

Visited May 2014
Laurel, Maryland
“Go for the dessert if nothing else”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We visited this location on the first full day on the island. Large outdoor seating (table and chairs), overlooking the waterfront, with a large menu selection as well. Bring your appetite here everything is delicious.

The calamari appitizer was tasty, but small in size, the main course selection I chose was the Chicken Ranch with cream sauce and for desert there was a peanut butter pie, as well as apple pie with rum butter sauce and vanilla ice cream.

Go for the desert as this location if nothing else. Would recommend again….The staff was friendly and accommodating considering our large group, full seating of other patrons and 2 people with food allergies.

• Visited May 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Catch the Crab Cakes”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Kudos to owners & staff at Paradise Moon. A warm friendly atmosphere, great prices and specials like Crab Cakes. I was able to enjoy the crab cakes. So delicious and filling. Enjoy the sunset from your table and later the moon shines directly overhead. Paradise Moon Bar & Restaurant, living up to its name with the best restaurant food & drinks on the Island. Thank you for your hospitality. I'll be back!!

• Visited February 2014