“great location poor staff”

Zeezicht Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 130 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zeezicht Restaurant has been established in 1929, since than we have been serving the finest seafood available on the island in the best location. Our company is still owned by the same founding family. We serve food on our magnificent pier and if you are in the mood for a late night dinner our kitchen is open till 11 Pm and our bar is open week days till 1 am and on fridays till 3 am. If you visit Bonaire and don't stop by our establishment you haven't really experienced Bonaire.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Go to Karel's for the view. There is no better place to watch the sunset over Klein Bonaire. It's lovely to sit right next to the water and watch for fish or see the planes landing.
I can't comment about the food as I always just had something to drink. But the service for that was usually so poor that I decided not to eat there. But they have happy hour every day from 5-9pm.

1  Thank 1holidaygirl15_

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had breakfast cooked to order by the sweetest lady. Very good experience as I felt I had wondered into someone's kitchen in 18th century Spain. We also had a sweet little yellow bird visit our table and eat sugar from our hand. Beautiful open air dining close to the ocean .

2  Thank Dogdayzing
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We ate here first in late 2010 and again in June 2012. Both times, the food and service were excellent. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and watching the beautiful view and the people passing by. We each had a different type of dish (seafood, pasta, steak) and all were very well prepared.

2  Thank georgiabeachpeach
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Our first visit was when we made the mistake of walking to town midday. We were hot, tired,..etc, etc. and they couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Water, a smoothie and some wonderful information that would be helpful in dealing with my wife's gluten intolerance from the owner "Maddy" sp? where the local Grocery stores were, etc. A few nights later we went back for dinner with the intent of having a good ole American burger. Well we decided on the seafood Paella Special for two. It could have easily fed four, but let me tell you..SPECTACULAR! Huge mussels and shrimp and additional seafood. Just enough spice, not too much. I wish I could have the leftovers tonight. Once again, on the water so the sunset was beautiful. Also great for families as their menu has a great variety of Bonarian, Caribbean, and American.

2  Thank stevenreichman
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I often pop in here for a sandwich at lunchtime and find it consistently good. I usually go for a simple chicken salad although friends often choose the zeezicht special. I've also tried the onion soup...also very good. Nothing spectacular about the staff but nothing bad to report either. Altogether a pleasant experience and calm enough for lunchtime.

3  Thank robert b