“the caribbean of the 70s”
Review of Jibe City

Jibe City
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“the caribbean of the 70s”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I happened across the Hang Out bar Jibe City Bonaire having visited several Caribbean Islands on a cruise. I did not want to leave this place. This is what I was searching for. Somewhere to feel comfortable and atmospheric: this was it. The azure blue of the ocean enticed me in and the bar was rustic and alive and awesome (says a 65 year old with memories of what it was like in the 70s in the Carribean). I wanted to dip my toes in the water, have a beer and hang out without any of the tourists following me.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BrendaTL

• Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Hangout”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went there twice, first to snorkel and have lunch while watching the windsurfers in action and the second time was to learn to windsurf and then have lunch and watch other windsurfers in action. We really enjoyed hanging out in Jibe City the both times we were there. We also enjoyed the delicious food and the vibe of the place and the service was great the both time we were there. We also recommend the windsurfing lesson offered by the shop. They offer lessons for all levels, including for beginners like us. We had a very fun time learning to windsurf and the teacher, a very nice young lady named Hannah, was very helpful, patient and accommodating to everyone in the group. Some of us even got some help from another teacher nearby when Hannah was busy helping the other learners. It's a very safe environment to learn to windsurf, especially if you've never windsurfed before and have always wanted to try it out. The lesson, including the board and sail rental and one hour lesson plus another hour to go on your own, costs $50 per person. It was money well spent. By the end of the 2 hour, we were able to glide along pretty nicely before we had to return the rentals. Money and time well spent!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Justinhere
Escondido, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Windsurfing”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I traveled to Bonaire mainly to windsurf and I rented gear from Jibe City. The guys were very helpful with board and sail sizes and made an effort to ensure I had the right gear for the conditions which I appreciated! There's also a bar and restaurant right on the beach and the Jibe City shop has a good inventory of rash guards, etc. If you're going to windsurf or just have lunch, Jibe City will take good care of you.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sharon K
Antwerp, Belgium
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Exotic surf bar, tasty food right by the ocean”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We only ate at the surf bar (no surfing lessons etc). The bar was beautiful, at ease, exotic, colourful, just like you'ld want it with your toes in the sand while eating. The food was great, simple but tasty. The staff weren't all as friendly, but overall not a problem. We hit the bar a few times on a scuba diving week in Bonaire, just stopping by for lunch. And i'ld do it again!

Visited October 2012
Glendale, Arizona, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wonderful place to go and see a great beach, and the wind surfers. We like to go here for lunch and check out the windsurfers.

Visited September 2012