“Otto is Awesome!”

Kiteboarding Bonaire
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiteboarding Bonaire is a IKO kiteboard school on the island Bonaire. We offer kiteboard lessons, rentals, Stand up paddle boards. Bonaire is a true kitesurfers paradise. 300 days of wind per year and warm crystal clear waters.-IKO certified-Professional instructors-over 10 years experience-Boat guided lessons-Top Brands-Food and drinks
“Otto is Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Spent two weeks learning to kitesurf. Had a wonderful time. Great group of people. Ask for Otto!

Jonathan

Belleville, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I took up kiting attempts sporadically about two years ago in Hatteras to keep up with my husband. Took some extra lessons on a trip to Exuma and this past December in Los Barriles. Was up and riding but with no control. Peter was AMAZING- in three lessons I became comfortable riding both directions and staying upwind in off shore conditions. The radio helmets and instructors in the boat with you make a huge difference in their ability to observe and comment on you and your confidence. Peter corrected a lot of problems but was encouraging and focused on good technique and safety as well. Regarding some of the other reviews on prices, we confirmed times and hourly rates by email before arriving with Roan and Otto and things were as agreed, no issues. The location was spectacular and riding the last day with my hubby over turquoise water and turtles made the trip. Would recommend it highly.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Above any of my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Cliff notes version: Learning curve with these guys exceeded any of my expectations. As someone who tried this sport before, I was very impressed by the instructors, school, and overall atmosphere. These guys are there for the students and go above to help you learn. Here, in 1hr, I accomplished more than I would in 3-5hrs elsewhere. I plan to come back again!!

Longer version: I learned about the sport in DR at Cabarete beach and really wanted to try the sport. I spent 3 days in Cabarete with the top school on the beach. Unfortunately, I only go to being able to get on the board and crash within 10 secs. What sets this school apart are a two things:
1. Instructors are amazing and know how to teach
2. Boat supervision

I cant emphasize enough how much #2 added to my learning. At Cabarete, once I launched from the beach, there was no feedback from instructor. Yes – I had a radio helmet, but it didn’t work well, and you can’t hear half the time. Here, the instructor was just a few feet away in a boat constantly providing you feedback. As I said before, in 1hr I did 3-6hrs worth of drills elsewhere.
Strongly recommend!

Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had a great experience at Kiteboarding Bonaire and wholeheartedly recommend it to all beginners. Its technically perfect from instructor to equipment including the 4 support boats that go with every student. There will even be a second instructor in the boat while your own personal instructor is tethered to you in the water during the early stages of getting kite control mastered.
Also, the off the water experience is delightful, very friendly and located on a very pretty beach with chairs and beanbags to relax on under a brig shade canopy.
There guys are good and deliver an exceptional, friendly and fun entry experience to the sport. I sailed into Bonaire and discovered it that way however I would not hesitate to recommend that a one or two week holiday could easily be justified purely to engage in learning kiting at this remarkable school plus the advantage of low cost scooter rental to get there every day plus see this beautiful tranquil and island by day and enjoys its pubs and restaurants by night in the main town of kralendijk which is where you should aim to stay.
Thank you Otto, Frect, Robert-I really enjoyed .\learning with you.

Treasure Island, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“TOPS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

The guys at Kiteboarding Bonaire are the best. The instructors are fun to work with. This is important because like learning anything new it can be frustrating. Especially if you have a little OCD like me. The conditions are a 10 in Bonaire and so is the great star at Kiteboarding Bonaire. I am planning a two week trip again in November so I can Dive in the morning and kite board all day afterwards.
Paul