Dolphin Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
See available hotels
Monteray Apartment Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
Melbourne Inn @ Car Rentals(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Escape Hotel And Spa(Saint James Parish)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Sandals Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
All reviewsguest houseblue dolphincommunal kitchendover beachthe gapa short minute walkcleaned regularlystay there againbeautiful islandsecond homecooking facilitiesrestaurants and barsa wonderful staystayed here for a weekliving roomself cateringiris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was my second stay in Apartment 4 at the Blue Dolphin Apartments, and like last year,I had an absolutely wonderful time this past February. The apartment is quiet, set back from the street in a little garden, and boasts a huge terrace with a table and a chaise longue under your very own coconut tree! I sometimes spent the day on the terrace in the sun as an alternative to going to the beach, that's how lovely it is. Hummingbirds on every branch of the trees and plants, and a family of green monkeys comes by sometimes, so close you could touch them. Another fantastic advantage of the terrace is there is a large empty grassy lot past the terrace: you are not closed in, and no one can look in at you from another house, important for a single woman traveler.

The apartment's kitchen is fully operational and furnished with all the utensils you could want. Microwave oven, refrigerator, toaster, hot plate to make your coffee or pasta.Mostly the apartment is really lovely and besides being spotlessly clean, has that most elusive quality: charm.

For several years I stayed at another guesthouse in the area, where for $45 a night , (compared to the Blue Dolphin's $70 US) you got less than one tenth of the amenities offered here. This place is more than a steal, it's a magical vacation rental at an affordable price. I stayed twelve days because at this price, I could afford it.

My one caveat has nothing to do with the Blue Dolphin, which is run by Iris Trotman and her family in an exemplary and warm fashion: there are no supermarkets in the area, just the Dover Market, which stocks mostly junk food. You should go to the markets in nearby Worthing to do your marketing. You are also a ways from the Gap to walk in the evening in the dark, and I recommend taking a cab unless you are part of a couple.

I hope you go to the Blue Dolphin and cherish it as much as I do. I will definitely be back next year. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, IRIS !! Vivian V.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank vvertes
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Our first trip to Barbados for winter warmth and sunshine. Found the Dolphin Inn featured in the Saturday Guardian Travel supplement, our favourite weekly newsread.
Stayed in Room 2 and later in Room 2 for three weeks in all and just loved it. Well-equipped large kitchen to share, maintained daily by Iris, our most efficient Swiss hostess. The spacious communal lounge area with extensive library, was just right for us oldies to relax in while others might prefer to spend the day on the beach. We used the time spent there mainly to go swimming twice a day - for exercise. The water is a constant 26 degrees and what fun to dive into those waves! Dover Beach is only 7 minutes walk away, past the Dover Sports complex where we watched night most nights. Did the Scenic Route on Sunday, all over Barbados as well, had great meals in restaurants and will definitely go again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mlaurenson
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I returned to the Dolphin Inn at Christmas with two friends. I've stayed there many times before. I have experienced both sides of a trip to Barbados having previously also stayed in hotels. I think the previous reviewer who talks about proportionality has hit the nail on the head. Much has been said about how lovely and clean the Dolphin Inn is, how nicely decorated and how the wonderful Iris and her family make everyone welcome. I get a bit confused when people comment on things they would like changed, the lighting etc, this is a guesthouse and not a hotel. It's one in a million and I defy anyone to show me a better one in Barbados for the same money. I've made some lovely friends at the Dolphin Inn over the years, doctors,lawyers,nurses, bankers, journalists - these people return with their families year after year... they too like me could of course choose a hotel but they don't! I think that speaks for itself. I'd rather stay at the Dolphin Inn than Sandy Lane any day of the week.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank lisa_janef
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed at the Dolphin inn for 25 nights in Jan/Feb 2011. This was a great place for me to be. It was a terrific value, included a full kitchen, big dining area, wireless internet, 2x weekly cleaning, big sitting area, a top notch service. I had a lot of questions for Iris, the owner/operator and it was wonderful to have a local to check in with especially about getting around or which tour services to utilize.

It is about 1 block off of St Lawrence gap, so close enough to make a short walk to beaches, markets, or night spots, but far enough removed to not feel as if you are in the middle of a party.

I have already been in touch with some friends about returning both to Barbados, and the Dolphin Inn.
Can't wait to get back, Thanks so much for a great stay Iris!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank GoClones
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Christmas 2010 was my first trip to Barbados and I am itching to return! My holiday was made all the better by staying at the Dolphin Inn run by the wonderful Iris (and not forgetting Tyra and Ron!). I went with 2 friends, one of whom has stayed many times at the Dolphin. It was all she promised. Home from home, comfortable, clean, light and airy. I loved the communal kitchen arrangement (own shelf in cupboard and fridge) and plenty of places to relax. The bedroom was roomy and big enough for 3 girls sharing. It is also very close to the beautiful Dover Beach and staggering distance from The Gap for nightlife! Finally, it didn't cost an arm and a leg which helps with such expensive Christmas flights! I will definitely stay here again when I return to Barbados :-)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends