“5 star holiday apartments”
Review of Rosalie Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Rosalie Apartments
Willemstad, Curacao
“5 star holiday apartments”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Rosalie apartments from July 7 to July 16 2010. We found out about Rosalie apartments on the website home away from home. The moment we saw the pictures of the apartments and the facilities that were offered we knew that this was the place where we wanted to stay during our vacation in Barbados. We immediately contacted the owner, Peter Glover who responded promptly to our inquiry after which we made a booking.

We were collected from the airport courtesy of Rosalie Apartments and when we arrived we were welcomed by Peter and his wife Rhonda. They told us a bit about the island and how to get around. They had prepared a welcome pack (bread, milk, cereals, jam, cooking oil, some snacks, and drinks), basically small groceries to get us started off.
Our apartment was on the ground floor with a stunning view of the sea and the sparkling pool which was just a few feet from our door step not to mention the cool breeze which was relaxing. The apartment itself was just splendid. The kitchen was fully furnished with modern appliances including a dishwasher as advertised. The apartment was very clean, comfortable and beautifully furnished.

Peter and Rhonda took their time to create like an informational guide about restaurants, places of interest and about the island in general which was very useful. Other facilities which we found very pleasant included the Jacuzzi and the book exchange. During our stay, our apartment was serviced by Angela who did a wonderful job.

Rosalie Apartments is located in a very quiet neighborhood which was something we were looking for since my husband had to sit for some exams during our stay. We would recommend renting a car during your stay although taxis can be easily arranged to take you where ever you want to go.

After an enjoyable vacation Peter and Rhonda saw us off in the morning and again they had arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport.
Thank you Peter and Rhonda, Rosalie Apartments exceeded our expectations.

Aniel and Pamhidzayi (Curacao)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Munya83

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The entire apartment was very nice. We especially enjoyed the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. The bedroom was very cozy and comfortable with a view of the outside patio. The patio area outside of the apartment provided a lovely place for breakfast, brunch or dinner while taking in the spectacular view of the ocean. The kitchen was well-equipped for cooking and dining which included sufficient pots, pans, flatware, dinnerware, cups and glassesware for use, as well as a very nice stove and refrigerator. The apartment is located in the Atlantic Shores section not far from the south coast beaches. Atlantic Shores is a very well-maintained area on the south coast with lovely homes throughout the area and surrounding Rosalie Apartments. However the most spectacular thing about the location of the apartment is the great ocean view. Retiring and waking up to the sound of soft waves and the beautiful sunset or sunrise over the ocean is paradise. We were also impressed with the landscaping around the apartment and the care given in maintaining the grounds. The apartment provided many amenities, including internet connection, central air, a lovely clotheseline w/pins to hang wet clothes, a pool and jacuzzi, television w/satellite, portable CD player/radio, telephone, local newspapers delivered daily.

What I liked least is having to leave too soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kema-ATL
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Rosalie Apartment #2 from March 9-March30/09. We chose this place because of the website stating "no children" and no one under 21 years of age. We are not child haters but we did want the "romance, rest and relaxation" that was again advertised on the website and specifically written on the bottom of our rental agreement that we had to sign.
We discovered shortly after our arrival that there was a family renting long term above apartment #2 that included a six year old and a baby. They were not problem really, but we were very surprised to see a child especially after reading how adamant the website appeared. We didn't want to ruin an otherwise great start to our trip, so we didn't say anything to Peter or Rhonda. Shortly after that we discovered 2 teenagers in apartment # 3 ( not under Peter's ownership). Peter owns 4 of 6 apartments in the complex.
Again, not much of a problem as they were in school all day and we never saw them.

We still were not inconvenienced and went on enjoying ourselves until 4 days before the end of our trip when 3 friends (14 yr old boys) arrived as guests of Apt # 3. On our second to last evening they disregarded the rule of not using the pool after 7pm. We waited until 7:45 before I called Peter and then called his cell phone at 8pm, as there were no adults at home in Apt #3 for me to speak to. This caused a confrontation with the father and subsequently with Peter and his wife. My husband was the one speaking to Peter and then Rhonda . I had retired for the evening but I did hear the conversations between them. My husband stated that we really didn't blame the teenagers but that we had an objection to the blatant misreprentation on the website, rental contract and the listing with rental agencies representing the apartments.
Peter briefly spoke to me the next day ,only to comment that he supposed that I hadn't had a good evening. Peter & Rhonda did not speak to us again except that Peter arrived home in his car just as we were waiting for the taxi and said " I guess your'e off now"

I would like to say that as with the other reviews posted here, that the apartments were very nice,well appointed etc. The pillows and mattress were extremely hard. The oven in our apartment has a broken thermostat as I was informed by one of the other tenants which is why I burned anything I cooked. Velma was pleasant and helpful .
An icemaker was advertised but not provided. The refrigerator was not full sized.

We would like to see the website changed to reflect the truth about the rental conditions so to prevent some other couple(s) being disappointed. Peter and Rhonda did not show any remorse or regret at our displeasure. We felt like felt like outcasts for the last couple of days.They were just glad to see the back of us I suppose. Remember that children ARE allowed at Rosalie as we witnessed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank smudgiecat
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We (a family of four) were fortunate enough to be able to have one of Peter's apartments over spring break, even though they do not usually allow kids. The apartment was perfect for a much-anticipated week of R 'n R.
As the only early bird in my group, I loved sitting on the patio (of the bottom apartment off the pool) drinking coffee, reading to my hearts content, watching the sun rise and listening to crashing waves. Evenings were the time to be serenaded by the tree frogs
The apartment was EXACTLY like the pictures on various websites and was an excellent base from which we explored the lower half of the island, from Rockley to Crane and all beaches in between.
The kitchen was perfectly equipped for our evening meals.
Thanks to Patrick for all the help provided, questions answered and hedge trimming so we could see more of the ocean.
We now understand why people return multiple times to this fabulous island and would not hesitate to book this apartment in a minute.
The only minor quibble we had our entire stay was a wish for softer bed pillows.
Other Barbados recommendations: Tiami Catamaran Cruises, Oistin's Fish Fry and Folkestone Beach for snorkeling right off the beach.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Aprairiegirl
Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had the privilege of staying at the Rosalie apartments this past February. We came to Barbados to attend a wedding for my nephew. My sister-in-law found the Rosalie Apartments on the internet and we decided to book it. The place was fantastic. Clean, nice quiet part of the Island, Peter and his wife were great and of course Velma was great too. We would not hesitate to come back here. Actually we may come back in 2010. Peter I hope you still have this place.
J Pollet