If you want to enjoy your vacation, save yourself, do not rent from these people.
l) we rented a car from them and car was to be at the apartment upon our arrival, well it was not there, we had to wait over an hour, we needed the car to do groceries as we found out grocerie stores closed for next two days, would have been nice if they would have advised us of this, but did not.
2) one towel per day per person, and if you are staying over the weekend, one towel from Friday to Monday.
3) Some days no hot water, lukewarm
4) advertises that apartment is fully air conditioned, it is not. Only the bedrooms are air conditioned, the lounge area (t.v. room) and kitchen, no A/C. Very very warm, you have to open all doors, need breeze but even then it is very warm, especially if you cook. My kids spent most evenings in the bedroom because too hot. Spoke to owners wife about living area being very hot, that they advertise apartment with A/C, but is not fully air conditioned, she did not like us talking to her about this, so she stormed upstairs to her apartment and slammed the door like a two year old. You see there is A/C, there is two units in the living area, but they want to save the money on electricity, so they take the remote controls away so you cannot have A/C. We paid full amount per day in high season. We should have had access to A/C.
5) there is a book of rules to read about an inch thick upon your arrival
6)No beach towels provided
7)No privacy - they just walk in, the owners and the cleaning lady, they just walk in whenever they want. Whenever you leave, they come in and check the apartment and go through your things. If you leave a fan on, or close a window, you know they have been in your apartment because the fan is off or window is open. Very creepy. My daughter was in the apartment, they must have thought we were all away, and they all came in, we burned eggs in the pan, was letting it soak, the cleaning lady went to get the wife to come and see the pan. Do you believe this, my daughter was in her bedroom alone in the apartment, the cleaning lady was there, the owner walked in my daughters bedroom to close the fan.
8)Fridge died, no fridge for two days
9)Washer and dryer in apartment, but not allowed to use it
10)We asked for a later check out, (I have never seen such an early check out - 10.00 am) especially when flight is 4:40 pm. My Husband talked to owner about a later check out, and understood an ok from owner, however, at 9:45 am the day of our departure, the cleaning lady walked in again no ringing, I advised her we had a later check out, two minutes later, Peter Glover and another man came in along with two cleaning ladies, told us to get out, that he had someone else coming in at 1:00 pm that day, he unplugged our fridge with our food in it to install new fridge, cleaning ladies were pushing our stuff, started cleaning bathrooms with our stuff in it, we had to run around and pick up our stuff and pack with cleaning lady undoing our beds, we were not all showered or dressed yet, we were trying to pack and get ready in one bedroom, they had locked the other bedrooms, we were getting dressed and the owner just walked in the bedroom, my daughter was putting on her bra. They took our stuff from the kitchen and brought it to their apartment, I had to go and get my stuff back. I dont know what planet these people are from, they are crazy. They do not have a clue on how to run a business or deal with people, or how to communicate with people. They do not belong in this business. We have travelled all over the world, I have never being treated so badly in my life or met such crazy people, I still cannot believe what happened to us. He is very lucky that my Husband is not a mean man.
It is such a shame that people like this actually run such a beautiful place, I do not understand how these people can still be in this business. We love Barbados and the people there are very nice, but these people do not belong in Barbados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosalie Luxury Apartments are situated in the peaceful residential area of Atlantic Shores on the South Coast of Barbados. Ideally situated for the keen surfer, these apartments are strictly for those who want a quite and restful holiday. All modern conveniences including a full kitchen with granite counter tops, dishwasher, frig/freezer, microwave, built in oven and ceramic cook top, air conditioning, maid service, swimming pool & jacuzzi. All linen, towels and pool towels included. Personal collection and return to and from the airport. Car rental available on site. Restaurant and bars close by and Oistins Fish Fry and market within a 5 min drive. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rosalie Apartments Barbados/Christ Church Parish