“Wonderful Food, Beautiful Setting, Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Luna

Cafe Luna
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe Luna, the award-winning restaurant on the rooftop of Little Arches Hotel, boasts one-of-a-kind panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea in a Mediterranean-style al fresco setting. One of the most romantic restuarants in Barbados, Cafe Luna offers individualized service with a smile in an intimate setting under the stars.
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful Food, Beautiful Setting, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had dinner with a group of 7 friends who had never visited Barbados in the past. Everyone loved their food and the setting was spectacular with a ship anchored in front of us. The service was impeccable. Everyone had a wonderful evening to remember in Barbados.

• Visited October 2013

NYC
“nice spot, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The restaurant was pretty and a good indoor/outdoor feel. Not an amazing view, but nice setup. Food was good, not amazing. For two, we shared an appetizer, 2 entrees and each had a drink or two for a little under $100 USD. Worth checking out.

• Visited October 2013
Bridgetown, Barbados
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Cafe Luna in my opinion is by far one of the best restaurants in Barbados, my experience was indeed amazing.
It was my girlfriend's birthday and Cafe Luna was the surprise spot for the evening. I went the Friday evening to make sure everything was in place for the Saturday evening, Wade was a great listener when I told him my specific needs to make the evening an unforgettable one for my girlfriend and he also give me a menu to revise so I would be well knowledgeable of what is being offered.
On the night Anthonio was our waiter,he was a well groomed ,nice and he gave good suggestions about the dishes.He was also very patient and mannerly.
For dinner I had the fresh local chicken breast whereas my girlfriend had rigatoni pasta with local chicken breast,our food taste exquisite and the drinks where also to die for.
I would love to visit this restaurant again in the future and I would also recommend this to everyone...

1 Thank Zachary P
London, United Kingdom
“Super view - Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a lovely roof top restaurant, open to the starlit sky and the wonderful sea view, but the food, like the vast majority of restaurants in Barbados, is very average (Still yet to go to The Cliff and Champers next week) and also extremely poor value for money.

They are all charging prices which the British holiday makers are happy to spend, even though they don't realise they are not getting anywhere near the quality that the prices suggest.

Its an endless circle on Barbados. Most places serve average food, the British visit and think they just had a Michelin dinner, pay the expensive bills and award it with maximum points ... and it goes on and on.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Twinmomma, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear ArmenC, we are most distressed that you were disappointed in our food as we try to ensure a memorable experience to our diners- to both our many loyal local followers and visitors alike.
We do feel however that your remarks seem more suited to a review on Barbados in general and to your seemingly low opinion on the sophistication of your fellow Englishmen's palates rather than to Cafe Luna in its own right. I can assure you, people of all nationalities who hold very high standards have come to know and love our food and your implication that British people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to dining would actually be quite offensive to them I'm sure! I've come to know hundreds of our hotel guests over the years, most of them British, and I can assure you that they are a very well-travelled, savvy lot who are not like sheep wandering aimlessly from place to place having the wool pulled over their eyes and getting ripped off as you seem to suggest.

We stand firmly behind the quality and taste of our food and are well-known for our policies of using only, whenever humanly possible, locally produced ingredients and produce. We feature a very reasonably priced sushi menu twice a week and we do not, in fact, even offer the menu unless we can get our fish straight off the boats. Our "Back to Bajan" menu is only $79 BDS for a 3 course meal which I'm very surprised tat you, as a UK visitor especially, would not acknowledge as the terrific value it is. Our food is prepared from scratch for every order, we don't offer pre-prepared food, which of course may be cheaper, but that's not what Cafe Luna is about. Sadly, because we are an island nation, what we can't source locally has to be imported and is therefore costly for us to purchase in the first place. This is the reason that prices across the island are generally higher than in the US for instance. However, I'm actually in London right now, and prices here are very much higher yet there's no valid reason for it other than they can get away with it because it's London!

Once again, we are disappointed that your meal was not to your satisfaction but we feel that in this instance it's a case of "you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time".
Bridgetown, Barbados
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My first visit to this hotel was a birthday surprise. Everything was just so nice from the timeI got there to the time I left. Our waiter Anthonio was so nice and very helpful and also Wade who helped us choose our dishes and drinks which was an excellent choice and taste Great .I would recommend this hotel to anyone ,It was a fabulous experience for me and I will be going back again...

1 Thank Tiana B