“Super view - Average Food”
Review of Cafe Luna

Cafe Luna
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Luna, the award-winning restaurant on the rooftop of Little Arches Hotel, boasts one-of-a-kind panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea in a Mediterranean-style al fresco setting. One of the most romantic restuarants in Barbados, Cafe Luna offers individualized service with a smile in an intimate setting under the stars.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a lovely roof top restaurant, open to the starlit sky and the wonderful sea view, but the food, like the vast majority of restaurants in Barbados, is very average (Still yet to go to The Cliff and Champers next week) and also extremely poor value for money.

They are all charging prices which the British holiday makers are happy to spend, even though they don't realise they are not getting anywhere near the quality that the prices suggest.

Its an endless circle on Barbados. Most places serve average food, the British visit and think they just had a Michelin dinner, pay the expensive bills and award it with maximum points ... and it goes on and on.

Twinmomma, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear ArmenC, we are most distressed that you were disappointed in our food as we try to ensure a memorable experience to our diners- to both our many loyal local followers and visitors alike.
We do feel however that your remarks seem more suited to a review on Barbados in general and to your seemingly low opinion on the sophistication of your fellow Englishmen's palates rather than to Cafe Luna in its own right. I can assure you, people of all nationalities who hold very high standards have come to know and love our food and your implication that British people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to dining would actually be quite offensive to them I'm sure! I've come to know hundreds of our hotel guests over the years, most of them British, and I can assure you that they are a very well-travelled, savvy lot who are not like sheep wandering aimlessly from place to place having the wool pulled over their eyes and getting ripped off as you seem to suggest.

We stand firmly behind the quality and taste of our food and are well-known for our policies of using only, whenever humanly possible, locally produced ingredients and produce. We feature a very reasonably priced sushi menu twice a week and we do not, in fact, even offer the menu unless we can get our fish straight off the boats. Our "Back to Bajan" menu is only $79 BDS for a 3 course meal which I'm very surprised tat you, as a UK visitor especially, would not acknowledge as the terrific value it is. Our food is prepared from scratch for every order, we don't offer pre-prepared food, which of course may be cheaper, but that's not what Cafe Luna is about. Sadly, because we are an island nation, what we can't source locally has to be imported and is therefore costly for us to purchase in the first place. This is the reason that prices across the island are generally higher than in the US for instance. However, I'm actually in London right now, and prices here are very much higher yet there's no valid reason for it other than they can get away with it because it's London!

Once again, we are disappointed that your meal was not to your satisfaction but we feel that in this instance it's a case of "you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My first visit to this hotel was a birthday surprise. Everything was just so nice from the timeI got there to the time I left. Our waiter Anthonio was so nice and very helpful and also Wade who helped us choose our dishes and drinks which was an excellent choice and taste Great .I would recommend this hotel to anyone ,It was a fabulous experience for me and I will be going back again...

1  Thank Tiana B
Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a surprise find. Just up the road from where we are staying, had a fantastic meal at Cafe Luna. Fantastic service, good prices, will most definitely returning before we leave barbados! Wish we had found it years ago!!

1  Thank NMS73
Reviewed October 23, 2013

i had lunch on the way to the airport as only about 10 mins away by taxi. the mahi mahi caesar salad was amazing!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I have been here for the last five years. At least (12) times. The overall experience never fails to impress. This year was no exception. A wonderful meal in wonderful surroundings.
We shall return