“Comfortable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Bajan Breeze Guest House
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Having returned from spending a week at Bajan Breeze and I must say that I enjoyed my stay there. Karen Swinson the Hostess Happily greeted me at the airport even though my lfight to the island had been delayed. After a long day traveling I was happy to get some rest in comfortable surroundings. The rooms offer pretty much all you could ask for (Mini firdge, TV, iron hairdryer) even though I had little need for them. What I really liked about the property was it's location it is easy to get into the tourist districts or into Bridgetown from Bajan Breeze. This is great if you are catching a Taxi as it was convenient and not at all expensive. A beach is just minutes from the propert and you can walk there in less than 5 minutes. Also within walking distance is a nice Italian cafe Mama Mia's and a deli. (Nice place to go for a morning snack) We stayed in the Hibiscus room and paid $50 a night. Karen was very helpful and seemed to always be present though not obtrusive. She was also quite helpful in dinner recomendation as well as preparing a lunch for us on Sunday. Theis guest house offers a great value and excellent experience. I highly reccomend this place to anyone traveling to Barbados who would prefer to avoid a big hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed May 23, 2006

Last February, my husband and I went for a week to Barbados and we stayed at Bajan Breeze guest house. What an excellent place to be!
The lady who runs, Karen, is very nice and very welcoming. She made us feel like at home and she always made sure that we had all that we needed.
We found that the house is very well decorated and has a very cosy atmosphere.
The place is very well taken care and clean.
The room were we where was very bright and comfortable. It has its own bathroom, TV and music player. We really enjoyed relaxing there everyday after a whole day in the beach.
You can also use the dinning room which has also a TV, video and music. We found very enjoyable to have breakfast there in the morning with the breeze coming through the doors.
The whole island is quite noisy, so if you are very sensitive to noise then it’d be useful to bring your ear plugs to use at night.
The place is 3 minutes walk to the beach but we found that our favorite beaches were Peeble beach and Carlile bay. You can walk from Bajan breeze and it’s about 20 minutes walk.
For us, we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay!

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2006

We really enjoyed our stay at Bajan Breeze. Our host was very gracious and accommodating. Our room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here in future. Thank you Bajan Breeze.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2006

I stayed at Bajan Breeze because I wanted a more authentic holiday. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

THE HOUSE

The house was completely in 2005, so everything is new. The sitting room is comfy and you can enjoy listening to music (feel free to bring your own CDs), or watching a DVD. I especially enjoyed mornings in the sitting room drinking coffee, reading, or checking email on my laptop. Lizzie was usually around to keep me company. She's a sweet and highly intelligent young pup of Jack Russell descent.

THE ROOMS

The beds are comfy and made up with nice linens. I used the fan quite often, but I never felt the need for air conditioning. Rooms have a little fridge to store drinks and snacks. My room came with a CD/stereo and a TV. There’s plenty of wardrobe space to store hanging clothes and drawer space to store other belongings. You'll have your own private bath. No need to pack a hair dryer because that's included as well. The walls must be quite thick because I never heard noise from the living room or other guest room. There's no swimming pool, but if you absolutely need to find a pool, ask the owner to advise you.

THE HOSTESS

Karen is a most gracious hostess. She is there to make sure that your holiday is everything you want/need it to be. She lives at the back of the house, so if you decide to come home giggling at 4am from too much rum, you don’t need to worry about disturbing her.

THE FOOD

I don't normally eat a lot in tropical climates, but Karen is such a fantastic cook that I found myself devouring meal after meal... everything from traditional English roast dinners to pizza, chips, and salad. I packed on 5 lbs during my stay... so beware! If you let Karen know in advance, she can give you a wake up call that comes in the form of a knock at your door and the hot beverage of your choice to enjoy in your room while you ponder the day's agenda.

THE PRIVATE TOURS

Karen organized several private tours for me which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Monkey Spring: beautiful natural spring in the countryside with picnic

Pothole Spring: another beautiful natural spring and with a side trip to Bathsheba

East Coast Beaches: Foul Bay, Bottom Bay, Crane Beach (easy to see all three in one day)

Sunday Night Karaoke in Holetown: great people watching, ice cold beer, and cheap popcorn!

Friday afternoon shopping and karaoke in Speightstown: the shopping was so-so, but the karaoke on the beach was just plain fun/crazy! Don't miss this, but you have to promise yourself that you will relax and get up there and sing! The locals will laugh with you, rather than booing you off the stage :-)

I've been to Barbados several times before, but never had I seen anything as interesting as these trips to out of way places. Some of them you could manage by bus, but having a guide made it much more efficient.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Harts Gap is an interesting street. It's fun to sit on the porch and watch the people passing by. Coconut Court Hotel/beach is quick walk and a lovely place to spend the day, or take a walk on the beach at sunset. Say "HI" to Sonya, at the Sea Grape Beach Bar. She's a nice lady!

Clark's Deli on the corner: Friendly owner who knows a lot about Barbados history. Try the Bajan lamb stew or chicken chowmein (tasty, but watch for bits of bones).

Mama Mia around the corner: full breakfast $16BDS (eggs, sausage & bacon, toast & jam). Heavenly lattes for $5BDS. The Italian mama/owner isn't friendly, but the rest of the staff makes up for it. If you need to escape the sun, this is a good place to chill out (A/C) and write some post cards.

Convenience mart (corner of Harts Gap/main road) sells inexpensive sandwiches and snacks ($3-5BDS), plus Ruth, the owner, makes yummy breads onsite. She's a sweet lady. I stopped almost every day to purchase something, even if it was just a Barbados newspaper.

Red Rooster Pub: say "HI" to Romeo, the manager/bartender. Most nights are quiet unless there's a band on.

Amaryllis Hotel: nice beach

Hilton Hotel: beautiful small beach with white powdery sand

Taxi to St. Lawrence Gap *or* Bridgetown runs $15BDS (same price in either direction)

ETC.

I took Rastafarian cooking lessons which was fun and tasty but left a huge mess in the kitchen. Not sure if this activity will ever be offered to another guest :-)

One more tip: Don't even think about having a meal at Joseph's restaurant in the Gap. Joseph's used to be one of my favorites, but the dining experience I had in January was atrocious (bad food, unclean environment, and unprofessional service). For a truly memorable meal with exquisite food and service, make a reservation for an ocean front table at the Restaurant at South Sea. The food and ambiance is comparable to The Cliff, and definitely more convenient for those staying on the south coast.

18 Thank bossa_nova_girl
Coral Sands Beach Resort
The Palm Garden Hotel
The Palm Garden Hotel
#3 of 3 in Worthing

Been to Bajan Breeze Guest House? Share your experiences!