“Loved our stay at Bajan Breeze”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Bajan Breeze Guest House
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We spent 5 nights at the Bajan Breeze and it was exactly what we were looking for. The en-suite room was excellent and Karen the owner couldn't have been more helpful. Karen arranged car hire for us which we had for the 5 days and we went to different parts of the island every day. The location of the guest house was also great as we were pretty central to see everything. Within 30mins or so you could be at each end of the island - north south east and west. There was a huge supermarket about 5 mins by car where we got provisions for breakfast/picnics. There was also a shopping centre about 5 mins away with some nice luxury goods - jewellery, handbags and swim gear - we didnt go shopping until the last day so having this area closeby meant we didnt have to make a special trip to Bridgetown. There were also plenty of restaurants within 10 minutes drive and a particularly good coffee shop and ice cream parlour. The scenery is different all around the island. The mid and north east coast is quite rugged where strong currents make it not really suitable for swimming but a paradise for surfers. The whole of the west coast in comparison was very safe for swimming with lots of beautiful beaches and of course beautiful sunsets. In the far north we visited caves and underground pools and rock formation type windows that look out to the sea where we were told Billy Ocean recorded one of his videos. In the mid north we visited more caves - this time instead of walking down stairs there was a little electric train which takes you down to see amazing stalactites and stalagmites. Also mid island about 25 minutes from the guest house was the pottery - lovely colourful pieces - there is also a gallery, coffee bar and fine gift shop here. Oistins fish market was about 15 mins. All the locals were really friendly and helpful. All places on the main routes had regular bus services but having the car just meant we could visit places off the beaten track with hardly any tourists and see the real Barbados, deserted beaches, mid island hills and countryside/ farmland and very cute painted wooden houses. We also visited sugar cane factories and got some sugar cane to taste. We also went to a plantation house concert which was amazing. We had done some research on the internet before going to find out what was going on in the area and booked this concert in advance. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and will return to the Bajan Breeze guest house without hesitation. Our stay was really great and made all the more enjoyable by the fantastic hostess Karen.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2008

We stayed at the Bajan breeze guest house in Hastings in may this year, and from the very beginning things couldn't have been better.

Karen (a brit herself) our host was lovely , and was extremely helpful both arranging our booking and giving us tips about local eateries, beaches and places to go. I have never known someone care so much that we had an enjoyable holiday as Karen did!!

The property is split in two, with Karens home at the back, and 3 bedrooms, a guest lounge and verandah at the front.

Whilst the property is not actually on the beach, it is literall across the road from the coconut court hotel, which is more than happy for karens guests to use their pool and beach loungers provided you byuy a few drinks / lunch, so it really did not matter - if anything it was better as you got to use the coconut courts facilities, without feeling that you were part of a package holiday group!

The bedroom itself was really homely and pretty, with a very nice ensuite shower room and a fridge, and everything was always imaculately clean and tidy.

Top marks also go to Mamma mia, the italian run deli / restaurant almost next door, and the american run convenience store.

Karen also has three lovely small dogs, but dont worry if you dont like them, they are not allowed in the guest areas!

A huge thank you to Karen for a wonderful stay, and for your encyclopeadic knowledge of the island!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2008

Stayed for 10 nights in february 2008 .... would recommend the guest house to any independent travellers looking for a great room on a budget.

Main pluses were:

Personal service, tips, hints and advice - worth a lot if you're a first time visitor to the island with limited time! felt more like visiting friends :-)

Room quality - great room for the price, clean and spacious, well appointed bathroom, nice bed, high ceilings, nice shared reception area etc

Social - plenty of opportunity to meet with the other guests

Location - OK, it's not beachfront, and the immediate neighbourhood is a little run down, but it's a couple of minutes to a nice beach, and it's on lots of bus routes to take you directly around the island cheaply and quickly - saves a lot of cash on taxis and car hire!

All in all we were really happy to have chosen Bajan Breeze!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skanebrit
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We have just returned from Bajan Breeze and are really sorry that we had to leave. We stayed there for two weeks and had the most fantastic time. The house is really lovely with high ceilings and airy light rooms. Our room had a very comfortable bed, tv, fridge and large shower.

The hostess, Karen, is such a lovely, friendly lady and is great at suggesting what's good to visit and also good restaurants of which there are plenty.

The location couldn't have been better, we were opposite a hotel which allowed visitors to use all their facilities, including a lovely pool, free beach loungers, beach bar and restaurant. We were a minutes walk away from a few nice restaurants and bars, and a five minute bus ride into St Lawrence Gap where there are countless bars and restaurants. Bridgetown is also within easy walk (30 mins) or bus ride (5 mins).

The buses are fantastic, we thought about hiring a car before we arrived but once there we didn't need to as you can get around the whole island by bus which costs US$0.75 per person. There are 3 types of bus which all cost the same, big blue ones, smaller yellow ones and smaller still taxi/buses which run certain routes and are going past and tooting their horns every minute or so.

Good places to visit are Bathsheba,(amazing coast line),The Barbados Wildlife Reserve (monkeys roam around here free to leave at anytime and normally pop back from the forest for teatime at around 3pm), Crane Beach (pink sand,very exclusive hotel and fun waves), Oistins (for the friday fish fry 15 minute bus ride), and a catamaran snorkelling cruise to swim with the turtles. Good restaurants are The restaurant at Southsea (expensive but worth every penny, geat food, amazing service, fantastic view in St Lawrence Gap),Pisces (fantastic Caribbean Curry and good wine selection - 5 mins bus ride into St Lawrence Gap), 39 steps (1 mins walk), and Harlequin in St Lawrence Gap.
Best place for a pina colada....Bar over the road in the Coconut Court Hotel!
Have one for me!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AllisonNeil
Reviewed January 23, 2008

The Bajan Breeze guest house in beautiful Barbados is the ideal place to stay if you are travelling alone or with another person. The home is very clean & cozy. The owner Karen is as sweet as can be. She makes you feel right at home. The decor is refreshing and calming. I have been to Barbados many times and I would recommend this guest house to everyone! Perfect location, everything you need is a short walk or a quick bajan van ride away. Visit the website and the pics you see tell only the truth - what you see is what you get. Thank you Karen, Mark & the three 4 legged sweethearts for making our stay the best visit to the island yet! We luv you & we will definitely be back! Bajan Breeze is your home away from home and the people are like family. Thank you Barbados & Bajan Breeze for the happiest vacation of my life! Cheers :O)

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I was in Barbados for one night for personal business early the following day. I was looking for a guest house and contacted Karen (the host) through the website.

The rooms are as clean and as pretty as they look on the website - the lovely linens, the high ceilings, the feather pillows - absolutely no false advertising there! The bed was comfortable and I slept like the baby I haven't been in (cough, cough) years.

The real gem is Karen though. She picked me up at the airport and I was in a bit of a pickle not having received my overnight bag. It was Sunday and late at night; Karen managed to set me up with the essentials digging into her personal stores I am sure.

A lovely place and a lovely host.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank KittitianQueen
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Ok as promised A review when I got back. I booked a month at Bajan Breeze Guest house in Hart's Gap, Hastings. The website makes this house look great but not having been or heard anything I was worried about making an unknown booking on the net. I should not have worried. The place was clean and the pictures on the web did not lie. My only drawback was that I did not have enough time to spend with Karen the owner as I was out from early morning till night but the times I did spend and talking to other guests were that she was a good person and helpful to those who needed information on the island. I read the guest book while there and guests were very impressed and she even took and arranged tours for those that needed this service. Hart's gap was not a "scary" place it was the first house inside the gap and I would and had no problem walking from the main road in to the house even when it was dark. The neighbours and locals all spoke to us and waved on their way past if we were outside on the varanda. I was not always accompanied by someone sometimes I was on my own. My other half even ran into some people he knew who happended to be working on construction nearby at Clarkes Deli so after work that Friday a few beers were had by all to say the least. It is at the most 5 mins from the beach and Coconut Court hotel was more than happy and welcoming to us and allowed us to use their facilities. Mama Mia's an Italian eatery and Red Rooster were all just around the corner. We were able to walk up Hart's gap and use the rum shop heading towards Lear's Gap and within walking distance to the Garrison for horse racing It indeed ended up being the perfectly placed guesthouse I hoped for, as I knew the general area. If you are looking for a guest house close to amenities then I would certainly recommend this one. You still need to get on the bus to the Gap or take a Cab but if you do not want to be in amongst the bustle of the Gap then for me this guesthouse is perfectly placed and it does not take you a long time to get into town as you are closer than you are if you are at the Gap. My vacation was different than most as my partner came with me and is from Barbados, but in the country ,St Joseph, so a lot of our time was going around the local areas and rum shops to find friends to say hello to. The local buses are safe and I travelled on them myself to go to St Joseph. I have been in Barbados often on my own as I knew Barbados before I met my current partner here in Canada. There is no "garden" to sit out and sunbathe but as I said the beach is only across the road to sun and Coconut Court also allowed us use of their pool and area if we wished to use it. So I was very happy with the Bajan Breeze guest house. It suited my purpose well. The only thing that I might have benefitted from was if it had AC as the mosquitos love me and I used 3 different types of repellent but they still had a feast. All my bites did not come from the guesthouse as the second I got on a bus or put my foot into the country the sandflies and mossies found ME but to have had AC at night may have kept the bites from iritating me to a certain extent but probably not. I did see some other people with bites as well, infact at the warm up cricket game this poor man was worse than me I no longer felt sorry for myself. So if the insects love you they are gonna luv ya no matter what you do to turn them off. Sad to be back at work and I am looking forward to my next visit even if I happen to be on my own as I have done this in the past and probably will again so if you are on your own Barbados is a safe place to go as long as you use your common sense that you would use at home No need to stay in by yourself go out and enjoy the island. Need to buy some lotto tickets to see if I can give up work and continue extended stays in beautiful Barbados as being there for a month this time has spoilt me for 1 and 2 week visits.

6  Thank YYZ-BGI
Rio Guest House
Rio Guest House
#3 of 4 in St. Lawrence Gap
Palm Paradise Guest House + 2 Apartments

Been to Bajan Breeze Guest House? Share your experiences!