“1 Year Anniversary trip”

Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Atlanta, Georgia
“1 Year Anniversary trip”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We normally stay at all inclusive resorts but it was recommended as long as we stay in a centralized area, that we should experience the food culture. Accra Beach is very locally centralized and close to everything. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance to choose from. We took the white van(they were like cabs but passenger vans that had a red stripe on it) to go to Oistens Fish Fry...which only cost $2 each).

The hotel was nice, but quiet comparing it to an all inclusive which normally has entertainment, which we wish there was more of on the resort. We got the island view room initially until we were told we would be facing the old abandoned building, so we paid the extra $ to upgrade to oceanview. Definitely worth it. We were walking distance to the boardwalk and had a great view of ocean.

Goods: Nice upgraded rooms and awesome balcony
Great location-Everything was conveniently located
staff was very helpful and gave nice anniversary gift

Bads:

Air conditioner blew right on bed, and it took us a minute to work it out- end up catching a bad cold from it.

Beds were not comfortable as a 4 star hotel should be. Staff tried to accomodate with extra blankets, not sure what cushioning that was supposed to provide, but we still ended up with backaches all weekend.

No entertainment or music by pool - if you are looking for secluded quietness, this is the resort to be.

would i recommend or stay here again - Yes but Only if they upgrade the beds!

Room Tip: get a upgraded room and stay upstairs so you can see the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had a short break at the Accra last week - arriving on the 13th Sept. Hotel was very clean, room and beds comfortable. Shower, good, linen - good quality. LG TV - many channels and nice to have if you have an early night!

We had a room in the front of the hotel. If we opened the patio doors - very noisy as you are on the main road. We were also close to the open outside area for smokers. So at half 6 in the morning, and the doors were open, you can hear the conversations! Rooms 129-136 will experience this.

Staff friendly and accommodating. Bajans are friendly, but at times can be very direct - sharp if that makes sense.

Pool was clean, and good areas for small children. At the pool side, many chairs, tables and umbrellas. Spoilt for choice!

Direct walk to a beautiful beach with many loungers to choose from. We woke up at half 5 on the first morning - to see the sunrise. Beautiful experience. It was amazing to see the turtle tracks in the sand to where the eggs were laid.... and the tracks back to the sea.

We ate at the local places around the hotel to sample the local food. It's all good. Enjoy your stay.

Would I go back again? I sure would :)

Room Tip: Do not take rooms 128-136. Noisy and close to the outside smokers area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Beansx
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

In the great Islands of the Caribbean, there lies an amazing art of nature Island called Barbados. Its a paradise but within a paradise lies a pearl and this not other than Accra Beach Hotel and Spa. indeed this is one of the kind in a million options, it comprises of great rooms, they are not rooms just like any other rooms in any hotel, they are more than that. they comprise the safe environment which you find within them and you can think you are in the world of your own. Its suitable for every parties that is to say, conferences, families, and anything in the same category. Staying here on a trip will not be just like any other normal trip, This hotel will set you mind free thus sending them to the trip of their own. This is an home away from home, the best choice. When you visit this hotel, you will discover the undiscovered.

Room Tip: Rooms at the side of beach view have a good scenery
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Susan S
Trinidad, Caribbean
Reviewed September 14, 2012

On the beach. Nice pool. Great pictures with the kids.
Good room service, friendly staff, good food. Lovely beach - low tide is the best time.
I came on business, but bought my family so they could enjoy the days at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank NadiaST
Trinidad
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I chose Accra Beach Hotel to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I must say we had no regrets. Accra is a beautiful hotel situated on a wonderful beach front. Since I work within the hospitality and tourism industry, I pay attention to every detail with respect to premises, service, staff etc. Firstly, check in and check out took just a few minutes, this is a plus for the hotel. I must say that I was truly impressed with the premises and how well it is maintained by staff. Secondly, the room we stayed in was the ocean front, I thought it was a bit small, nevertheless the amenities were great, comfortable bed and the room was cleaned every day.Thirdly, I loved the provision of beach chairs, umbrellas and towels this was a nice touch, the pool was wonderful and very clean. Forthly, the breakfast was buffet style which was great, nice variety to choose from and I must make special mentioned about Ann Marie, who was the most friendly staff I came accross during my stay, she was very pleasant and concern for the guest and ever so often she would come across to our table to find out if everything was ok. Hope management takes note of this, these are the type of persons you want to keep at your hotel.The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is the room service. My husband ordered room service twice and on both occassions we had to wait just over 45 mins with no explanation whatsoever. Finally, management need to improve on this, as well as encourage their staff to be more friendly towards guests. Always remember these minor things could make or break an establishment. Overall it was a wonderful experience for my husband and I. We will be visiting Accra Beach Hotel again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CherylannH_11
Tobago
Reviewed September 9, 2012

OMG i stayed at the accra for my wedding on August 31st 2012 and i am blown out by the staff the hotel everything, this place is just simply perfect, the staff is always friendly asking if you are okay etc the rooms are so comfortable the beds are even better i just loved every minute of it....... every staff was just so conforting especially nakisha who worked at the front desk she went out of her way to help me and Miss Amrell phillips she really made my dream destination wedding come to life i would definitely recommend accra and i will surely be staying here in the future i love it .... and you must check out the chacra spa my husband and i did a couples massage and it felt like paradise just wonderful

Room Tip: book the ocean and pool view rooms just spectacular
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tameka_Trim
London
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The Accra Beach is set on a lovely bit of beach with no jet skis - hurrah! My room was clean and had been recently refurbished. However the new white shutters in my room looked nice but were not functional. When I had them open everyone walking along the road (and also in the car park at the front of the hotel) could see in my room. If I had them closed or tilted the room was very dark.
I personally would prefer a quieter more secluded setting for a Caribbean hotel. The Accra is set on a busy road with a shopping/restuarant courtyard over the road. However the restaurants would be useful if you chose not to be all inclusive and were on a budget. In fairness to the hotel, although it over looked the car park and busy road there was no noise at night due to a double set of sliding doors.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Coral Sands Beach Resort
Rostrevor Hotel
Rostrevor Hotel
#5 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Accra Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!