My husband and I planned the wedding of our dreams at the Accra. This wedding was made possible by the tireless effort of my mother and family. We spent two years communicating with Accra and their terrible wedding coordinator Rhea. Where to start with Rhea...Not only was she not helpful but she was rude. She was disorganized and as far as I could tell had never planned a wedding in her life.
We were having a destination wedding and flew all my family out the week before the wedding. We wanted to spend time with our friends and family but instead were running all over the island taking care of matters that were really all part of Rhea's job.
We planned a meeting to discuss finally arrangements and she had nothing planned, 3 days before my wedding!!!! She did not have the minister there to discuss the ceremony, she didn't have the DJ there to discuss the music. That meeting was a complete waste of my time. At the rehearsal none of the Accra were there to help discuss the flow or anything. Like we knew how to conduct a rehearsal. That is the point of a wedding planner!!!! It made the whole thing a lot more stress than it needed to be.
The thing that frustrated me the most was we personalized our wedding to such an extent that the Accra staff wasn't really responsible for much...Thank god because everything they were responsible for the managed to mess up. We got our own flowers, cake, photographer (E Chandlier), clothes, and decorations.
On my wedding day:
Rhea had forgot to book the minister and he arrived late. Then called me in my room while I waited and said "there is a problem" and hung up...just what every bride wants to hear on her wedding day.
guest were arriving and the decorations were not up, and instead of helping me with my hair, make up, and wedding dress my mom had to decorate the hall.
The Steel drums played the wrong songs while the wedding party walked down the aisle.
The DJ was repetitive and did not play any slow songs, I felt like I was at a rave. He was not open to suggestions in any way.
The food wasn't great but at least we got what we ordered.
There was no organization at all, the didn't announce us as man and wife, didn't announce the cake cutting, didn't announce the time for speeches, didn't announce our first dance. I thank god we had our photographer (who we hired privately) because she helped us with absolutely everything!
Now when we booked our honeymoon at the Accra they advertised ocean front and I have got news a pool view that you can see the ocean from if you look sideways IS NOT OCEAN FRONT.
Drugs sold on Accra beach and I practically saw people having sex on the beach in the middle of the day.
The activity desk is almost always empty and gives terrible advise.
My husband and I wanted to take our guest Jet Ski and the activity desk personal told us we could rent them if we walked down the beach to another hotel. The forgot to mention that this particular hotel was practically in bridge town and it took us all afternoon to get to said hotel. We would of much preferred taking a cab.
The activity desk also recommended a hiking tour that cost $150 per person to go hiking through peoples back yards and with a egotistically idiot.
expensive restaurants at the Accra.
Spa staff rushed me on my WEDDING DAY!! I only got a 30 minute message when I paid for an hour. I am sorry but a shower doesn't count as part of my spa time.
Okay now the positives:
-Our bartender rocks and really made my guests happy. Everyone to this day talks about how nice and funny he was.
-The room had nice furniture and we really enjoyed our stayed.
-You have to love island time to be able to handle the wait staff at the Accra.
- Amazing beach and pool area!
-We love the island and it's people.
- We loved the central location of the hotel. It was always easy to get on a bus going anywhere island wide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located overlooking the beautiful Rockley Beach, this 3 1/2 acre property exemplifies the "Caribbean Dream". All rooms offer panoramic views of the island, pool or ocean. The center-piece of the lush gardens is a large swimming pool complete with swim-up bar for a cooling refreshment or indulge in a boozy cocktail in the comfort of the 'Sand Bar'. Enjoy a hearty breakfast or lunch from our Cocopatch Restaurant or a light bite from our bar snack menu served daily.Dine in style at the Accra Deck restaurant and choose from an array of local and international European cuisine or indulge in the flavours of the Pacific Rim at the Pacifika Kitchen . Relax, rejuvenate and heal at our on-sight Chakra Spa.Choose from a wide selection of treatments and immerse yourself in the tranquil atmosphere of our spa experience. Be sure to stay at our award winning hotel during your next visit to Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Accra Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accra Beach Hotel And Spa
- Accra Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Accra Beach Hotel Barbados
- Accra Barbados
- Accra Beach Hotel & Spa Barbados/Christ Church Parish