“12 Caribbean hotels in 8 weeks and Little Arches was the best!”

Little Arches Boutique Hotel
Reviewed December 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Little Arches just a few weeks ago and I must say that I had high expectations of this hotel. They were exceeded the moment we walked up the steps. First of all it is the most charming hotel I have ever stayed in and I have seen 6 different Caribbean Islands within the last 12 months. I stayed 3 nights in the Peach and Quiet which was a nice stay but nothing comparable to the Little Arches. The location is perfect. You have a nice beach right outside the hotel with some of the best water in Barbados. The staff will drop and pick up beach chairs for you each morning. The pool is small which makes it nice. It has less than 10 rooms which makes it nice. I would suggest renting a car for traveling around the island but if you want to save some money, walk to the town (oystins) for local places to shop and eat. There also is a grocery store where you can get drinks to bring to the beach and pool side. We had a car for 3 days there and even though we used it quite a bit, we could have easily walked or took a cab to most of the places. Barbados is similar to the other islands in the Caribbean but has some of the most breath taking formations on the beach you will ever see. Here is what I suggest during your stay in Barbados.

-Rent a car and see the east coast but expect to get lost. Check out all the "photo opportunity" places that are listed on the map.
-Oystins on Friday night is WILD!
-Pack a small fold up cooler to pack your drinks in. Little Arches will provide all the ice you need.
-Drive down the main road find local shops and dinning spots.

Feel free to email me or friend me on facebook if you are interested in seeing my photo album. My wife and I are traveling nuts and love to share our experiences. You can find me at jeremy@djsdirect.net . I'm also more than happy to talk about our experiences by phone which makes it much easier than typing long emails.

3  Thank djsdirect

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Much has been said already - we loved our stay at Little Arches. It was a nice break from the typical large hotel but the service was not in your face at all. Completely laid back, which is what we wanted. The beach right by the hotel (Enterprise/Miami Beach) was the nicest we found on the island. It was a beautiful, wide, white sand beach that was never too busy and obviously a stones throw from the hotel. Our biggest regret was venturing out to the West coast only to find the beaches were not as pristine and rammed with tourists, touts and overpriced restaurants. Cafe Luna, the onsite restaurant, was also good. All in all, we had high expectations due to the TA reviews and were not let down.

2  Thank SlepStar
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Little Arches is a total delight. The pool area was very comfortable and relaxing, and the beach, across the street, is absolutely gorgeous. The hotel itself is charming. While we stayed in one of the smaller rooms, there are several others which were more spacious, including two with private pools! The food at the cafe was excellent, including the sushi. The staff is very accommodating and attentive. We also took advantage of their onsite rental car, which was a seamless process. We totally enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank KFM9275
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Almost 3 years ago we were married at Little Arches. For my 50th birthday I wanted to go some place special...I couldn't think of any place else that I'd rather go to other than Little Arches. Again we were not disappointed. It was like going home to see family.

We stayed for 7 nights from 24 Nov - 2 Dec. and wished it could have been longer. This time we were there during the end of the rainy season which brings a few quickly passing showers that are no more than a momentary distraction.

Room - We stayed in Room #5 (Petite Martinique), the same room we had on our last trip. The room is off the pool deck and has its own private oceanview balcony. There is a very comfortable king sized bed, table and chairs, small fridge, closet with a safe, and a single sink bathroom. It’s just perfect if you want a cozy little room. When needed, the air conditioner will maintain a nice constant temperature in the room. Otherwise, the ceiling fan provides a nice breeze throughout the day. Each room is stocked with two pool/beach towels so you can leave your personal beach towels at home.

Cafe Luna - The restaurant on the roof....good eatin'! Our 7-day booking entitled us to breakfast each morning. There is enough variety on the breakfast menu for those that don't want the same thing each morning. I for one stuck with the Old English and was never disappointed. We enjoyed two really nice dinners upstairs during our stay. And if you like “happy hour” just drop by between 4 and 6pm and you'll enjoy the company of some talented and fun bartenders. We really enjoyed our time with Bode.

Beach - You are just minutes from the very nice and clean Enterprise (Miami) Beach. Just ask and the staff will have your beach chairs delivered and set-up anywhere you please. They'll even pick them up once you're done for the day. Since there are no private beaches in Barbados you'll enjoy the company of the local Bajans as they exercise and visit with their neighbors. Don't forget to visit Mr. Delicious for a fish cutter, fish cakes, and a soothing rum punch that'll ease you on your way.

Pool - Read everyone else's comments. It's not big but it's great to jump in and cool down if you're sunning on the deck. If you want to swim laps the ocean is just across the street. The pool deck has enough lounge chairs to accommodate the guests and is never crowded. The staff keep the ice and ice water stocked along with tanning products (sunblock, lotions, etc).

Spa - We too enjoyed a couple’s massage as part of our romance package. It was a nice break before heading out to dinner.

Silver Moon Catamaran - As part of the romance package we enjoyed a nice 5 hour cruise on the Silver Moon. The snorkeling at Carlisle Bay and our swim with the sea turtles was the highlight of the trip. A tasty lunch was served on-board to round out the day. Elvis (the Captain) and Dexter (first mate) showed us a really good time. Make sure you book a trip because you don’t want to miss this.

Staff - I can't stress enough about how well the staff treats you. Sandra and her team treat you like family. Never did I feel like any of my requests/questions was a bother to them. They are genuinely friendly people who want to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. We consider them friends.

Oistens - Do not forget to visit Oistens for some of the best and cheapest seafood on the island. It's only a 10 minute walk for some delightful tasting seafood prepared in many different ways.

Taxi Service - During our first stay we had the distinct pleasure of having Michael Parris (Parris Taxi) drive us to Bridgetown to get our marriage license, in addition to other trips around the island. This trip was no different. We called him upon our arrival and it was like we had never left. Again he showed us places on the island that most excursion companies will never show you. He is a professional at all times, but his service is personal. While you're with him his number one concern is you and that is truly evident. He'll answer any and all questions about his island and even throw in some more interesting facts. Michael does not work directly for the hotel, but all you have to do is ask the desk staff for him and they will contact him for you. He is the driver you want hands down.

In short you can't go wrong with picking Little Arches as your vacation destination. We were married there, I celebrated my 50th birthday there, and I can guarantee we will visit again in the future. When I find a good thing I stick to it. And you do meet some of the most fascinating people from around the world...Steve and Jane, Wallace and Carolyn, it was great spending time with you. Hope to see you again.

3  Thank SatFlyer
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed at Little Arches for our eight day honeymoon. The hotel and staff were beyond our expectations. Everyone at Little Arches was kind, friendly, and helpful. They know you by name, and they don't hesitate to make your stay the best that it can be. They were able to set up anything you needed, answer questions, and recommend restaurants and places to visit. Our room was quiet, clean, and beautiful. The view of the water from the hotel is amazing. If we were to visit Barbados again, we would stay at Little Arches.

1  Thank totnpie
Reviewed November 29, 2010

having been to little arches 2 years ago and it being a dream holiday i was concerned about whether it was going to be as good. I needn't have worried as it was fantastic. Being a small hotel the staff remember all the guests names so it was like staying with fab friends but being pampered for 2 weeks. The hotel has has a lot of freshening up which includes the addition of hot tubs to the garden rooms and redecoration to the other rooms as well as new flooring to the cafe luna restaurant to help with the noise that an odd couple of people complained about. We stayed in room 7 on the pool deck under the restaurant. IT WAS SUPERB. There was no disruption from above but we were right by the pool and the room was lovely. Sandra and her team really make this hotel. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and they have not lost any of the details that make every stay really special. We can't wait to go back. Make sure you hire a car as barbados has so much to offer and the staff recommendations are never wrong.

1  Thank JosHowell
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed for 7 nights from November 13-21st and we had an amazing time. If you are looking for accommodations and Little Arches has availability do not hesitate to make a reservation!!

Communication Before our Stay - reservations were made easily with quick confirmation, email inquiries were answered promptly, felt that they generally cared about making us feel like guests before we stepped foot in the hotel.

Check-In - Sandra and Emma greeted us by name and provided us with fruit punch (which was so yummy!!). Check-in was efficient and the information that was provided was very thorough! The highlight of our check-in was they had informed us they just recently added a jacuzzi to the deck attached to our room!!

Room - we had room #8 and it was bigger than we expected, with a king sized bed, fridge, closet, couch, and table and chairs. The double sinks in the bathroom were much appreciated :). The room stayed at a good constant temperature. The bed was comfortable - so much so that i fell asleep every time my head hit the pillow. There is some noise that seemed to come from the roof, but you learn to tune it out and it is not constant, only occasional...i found the crickets more annoying :)

Spa - we scheduled a couples massage and i had a manicure/pedicure. The couples massage was very relaxing and you had the option of having them done in your own room, in the spa room, or by the pool. We opted for the spa room and we were happy with our choice, it is not air conditioned but had plenty of fans and was very quiet and relaxing. The manicure/pedicure was efficient and thorough, it lasted the entire week (fingers) and the pedicure is still holding up!

Pool - there have been comments written in the past about the small pool...first, there are only 10 rooms at the hotel so I wouldn't expect a full size pool. Second, there were never more than 6 people around the pool, so even if everyone got in at the same time there was still room, and Lastly, the pool is deep (over 5 feet). Not to mention that there is a constant supply of water, sun protection, and wet towels that come with hanging out by the pool.

Beach - the beach is nice, a short walk (I have had to walk further at an all-inclusive on a beach). They walked our beach chairs down for us and set us up wherever we wanted to be and came and got them when we were finished.

Restaurant - awesome! we ate breakfast everyday (which came with the price of our room) lots of selection and definitely good quality! we had lunch there 4 times (the fish sandwich and burger were great), and dinner twice. The bread at dinner was fantastic! I loved the crab cakes, the salad with the candied nuts, and the fried bananas dessert.

Location - very peaceful area, not alot of traffic, not alot of noise. 10 minute walk will get you to Oistens Fish Fry (which is a definite MUST DO) and grocery store and bank. To get to Hastings it was 24-28 Barbados Dollars by taxi each way and 10-15min drive, there is a public bus that was alot cheaper.

Staff - I saved the best for last...the staff are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt that I was staying at a friend's villa!! They are hospitable and friendly!!!!! It was cool to hang out with them during the cocktail party and it was hard to say good-bye to them!! We miss the Little Arches/Cafe Luna staff and we hope to be able to visit again soon!

On another note....
Taxi (Andrew) - The staff recommended that we utilize Andrew Parris for transportation around the island, and while he does not work directly for the hotel, this was a recommendation that surpassed our expectations, he was always early, professional, and had a clean/comfortable vehicle. We did an island tour with him for 5.5 hours, he was awesome, he took us everywhere on the island and answered all of our questions. Even when we stopped at some of the attractions he came with us to share more information. Make sure you ask for him if you need a taxi, he has the same approach and demeanor as the Little Arches team!!

Note: If you are considering a destination wedding, I think this property would be ideal!!

Loved it!!!!!

#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish

Been to Little Arches Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!