We booked Little Arches to get away from the cold and dark weather in northern Europe at this time of the year, and to celebrate our honeymoon (even though the marriage was last summer). We were truly satisfied - the hotel exceeded our (high) expectations. From the first minute we arrived at the hotel everyone from the staff was constantly doing everything in their powers to make our stay delightful - and sure did they succeed. The property is small and very intimate - which was exactly what we wanted. It sometimes felt like being a guest in someones home, someone who REALLY loved to have you there. The fact that the staff hangs out with the guests at the cocktail evenings at wednesdays strengthened this feeling. The rooms are stylish, cute and spotlessly taken care of. The hotel for sure has a feeling of luxury, but without the "snobby" and negative side of it - rather just the natural feeling of relaxation.
The restaurant upstairs (Café Luna) serves delicious international dishes with a caribbean touch added to them. Also look out for the sushi-evenings where creative and caribbean flavoured sushi is served at in our opinion very reasonable prices. The pool was also wonderful. Sure, smaller than the regular hotel-pool, but was never even near being crowded and only strengthened the intimate feeling. Being by the pool accompanied by a drink from the Café Luna upstairs and a good book really made our afternoons :).
About one minute from the hotel lies a very beautiful beach where many locals hang out (which is usually a good sign). Another five minutes walk and you'll reach the fishing-village of Oistins, which in our opinion was one of the most interesting villages we visited during our stay on Barbados. Be sure to hang out there on fridays as there is the fish-fry party with good local music and delicious food at a ridiculously low price.
It might not be the hotel for those looking to party all night long and then have their hotel just a stone's throw away though, nor for those looking for all the "convenience" of a bigger hotel with private beaches and multiple in-house restaurant choices. But for ALL the others we would without doubt recommend Little Arches, especially for those looking for a romantic and/or relaxing getaway. And on the other hand a taxi to for example the Gap costs about 15 USD, so going there for dinner or some nightlife was never a problem either.
We don't usually go back to places where we've been, since there are still so many new places to visit, things to see, do and explore. But after being at Little Arches we might have to do an exception from that "policy"...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, Conde Nast recommended, adult-only, boutique hotel. Hidden from the hustle and bustle districts, Little Arches overlooks the pristine sands of Enterprise (Miami) Beach on the South Coast. Ten unique rooms and suites feature Italian fabrics, terrazzo flooring and king-size four-poster beds. Handcrafted pottery features throughout. Enjoy elevated views of the Caribbean from the rooftop pool deck and the acclaimed al fresco restaurant Café Luna. Perfect for those seeking discreet luxury, intimacy and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Little Arches Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Little Arches
- Little Arches Christ Church
- Little Arches Boutique Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish