“Little Gem”

Little Arches Boutique Hotel
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Little Arches was truly one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at. If your looking for over the top and a lot going on this is not the place for you. The most amazing beach is across the street. Yes I said across the street, like I said its not a Ritz Carlton. The beach is a short walk up the street witch the hotel will set up chairs for you. The locals that go to the beach are very respectful of you. We had no problems. The water is amazing! The hotel felt like your own private villa. We stayed in room 5 was a little small but had a great view of the ocean. We went with 3 other couples and they all had really nice rooms. The nicest i felt was the garden Jacuzzi room very large and in the back were it was most quiet. My other friend had room 7 was on the pool very big but under the restaurant. My friend had no issues with noise he loved the room.
I have two more things to write about. The only negative I have was the location to some of the more popular restaurants you had to cab it and could get a little costly if u like to try different restaurants every night. The staff is very helpful at arranging cabs and making reservations for you. The Tides Restaurant was amazing!
The BEST for last Little Arches staff really put the icing on the cake. They always new your name and catered to any need you had. I even think they arranged the weather to be sunny for us one day when it was supposed to rain. They are very genuine people that work very hard to make you happy.
Also do the catamaran sail boat trip awesome day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lee P

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I went to Barbados and stayed at the Little Arches Boutique Hotel for our honeymoon. It was spectacular. Everything was as advertised and better. The hotel is less than 100 yards from one of the best beaches on the island with crystal clear water, soft white sand, and medium sized waves. It is also close to a bus stop that for 1 USD each way per person opens up much of what the island has to offer via local shuttle bus (the #11 reggae bus). It is also very close to the famous ostins market for the big fish fry every friday and saturday night that is a must for any visitors. The hotel itself is lovely, clean, comfortable, romantic, and charming. The rooms are spacious (we were in #8, deluxe garden suite) and quiet at night except for the local insects. All meals at cafe luna were delicious and the view is spectacular. The pool area is lovely with hammocks and shade and great for reading and relaxing. The staff is what makes the hotel a home away from home as they can arrange almost anything for you and give you greats tips on where to go for sightseeing or dinner. We will definitely be coming back to Barbados and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The private plunge pools aren't exactly private as you can overlook them from the pool area. Mi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Taylor P
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Title says it all - it's a great little gem of a Hotel and the staff are wonderful, already planning 6th visit.

Room Tip: All rooms have very different features, make sure you discuss your requirements thoroughly with rece...
1  Thank Supershuttle
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at Little Arches by myself for 2 nights in August. I had booked a delux ocean front suite and was delighted to find on checking in that I had been upgraded to room 1, which was all of the above but with a plunge pool too. This was meant to be a mini break for me after a pretty horrendous year and my goodness, every single staff member went out of their way to make sure I had a lovely time.

The room was beautiful - so well equipped. It would be very east and comfortable to stay for a couple of weeks. Small kitchen with everything you might need, lovely sitting area and a gorgeous bed (oh, it was like sleeping in a marshmallow, but less sticky). The pool was lovely, as was the pool upstairs. The views out to see from my patio were just lovely and I could hear the chatter on Miami beach, just across the lane.

Cafe Luna is exceptional - on an island noted for great restaurants, it stands out as being one of the best in my opinion. I even took my 4 year old daughter back there for a special grown up dinner one evening. My only complaint was there was never enough mint to make me a mojito!

I would just love to go back to Little Arches and I am sure that one day I will. A 2 night break there was probably equivalent to having a whole week all to myself. Just bliss. Thank you, you wonderful, lovely people.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Rinders
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We had our wedding at Little Arches in August. We spent 2 weeks there and for the first week had our 8 children with us too. The whole trip was wonderful, we really like Barbados and particularly Little Arches. Nothing is too much bother for the staff, and both the design and location of the hotel are lovely. We have been trying to decide ever since how we could have improved our wedding day and have failed to come up with anything! We owe a special thank you to Emma, our wedding planner, who dealt with all the details for us so we could just relax and enjoy the day.

Room Tip: We had 8 of the 10 rooms in the hotel. All are lovely. We had the honeymoon suite - excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank paulineanning
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We've just had our second (would have been third but for an availability issue) two week stay at Little Arches. Wonderful.

The "front of house " staff (Sandra, Luz, Cherise & Soma) are fabulous at taking care of things for you. The place is aways spotless (a big thank you to everyone behnd the scenes) and it's such a great place to relax.

We love Barbados, we love Little Arches. We are already planning our next trip and will only have one venue in mind.

So .. please don't stay here - we want the place all to ourselves !!!

Simon & Michelle, October 2011

Room Tip: We like the rooms by the pool deck but to be honest they are all great.
3  Thank Sim0nandMichelle
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This hotel is simply amazing. it's very intimate so it feels like they are holding your hand without being next to you through all the things you want to do. It's set on a beautiful beach with great swimming, but if you're sick of the sand you can go take a dip in the pool. Basic things like room service and maid service are very non-intrusive. The restaurant Cafe Luna is delicious, prompt, and never crowded enough to be uncomfortable. Cafe Luna has an excellent view of the beach and further up the cost towards Oistins bay and beyond. We stayed for a week and it wasn't long enough. Prices are fair, but you get customer service that well exceeds what you would expect for the price you pay. It's a perfect honeymoon spot because their are no kids there and it is super quiet. I can't tell you more about it, you'll have to just experience it yourself.

Room Tip: The room differences are very clear on the website. Anyone would be happy with a basic room, but yo...
1  Thank Justin C
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Hilton Barbados Resort
Hilton Barbados Resort
#2 of 6 in Bridgetown

Been to Little Arches Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!