“Not a fan!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went there to watch a NFL game last Sunday. The food was soooo over priced and not good. Examples: $20 USD for a pitcher of banks (local) beer. $18 USD for nachos (which consisted of very small plate tortilla chips with melted cheese, on the side were these tiny containers of sour cream and guac plus a small cup of meat/beans. For that price I expected loaded nachos like you get in the states to share between 4 people (this wasnt even big enough to fill 1 person) Someone else order their wings (cant remember the price but I think it was around 12 US...there were 6 wings that were not big enough to be chicken wings. Service was beyond slow. We ended up having to go up to bar to pay bill as our taxi had been waiting 10 min outside for us.

On the good side - there were penty of TVs and all the NFL games were being shown.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We almost always go to Bubba’s once during our annual holiday to Barbados. We go to Barbados every year.

This year we took a cab from the Hilton to Bubba’s and actually asked our taxi driver if it was closed! Yes, it was quiet. There was just one other couple in the restaurant apart from us. It felt cold and like a big auditorium. This was the quietest we have ever seen it, and this was in August. The island has been getting quieter and quieter over recent years, and this was the quietest yet. I think the world economic situation has affected the island greatly. Not many Americans, it seemed, either.

Bubba’s seems to be a bit of a luxury burger joint now, just because it does work out expensive for a family – drinking a few beers etc, and eating a starter and main meal each, with maybe some desserts. The menu is like the nearby TGI Friday's, I suppose, but doesn't seem as organised, for the want of a term. The whole thing - staff, menu, bar service, food etc.

However, the food at Bubba's was ok. The burgers are actually quite good, in fact, and they even offer a full pound burger for those who want a BIG one. But the prices are high for what it is, though; just a burger bar. Fajitas, nachos, chicken burgers, and all the other stuff one expects in this type of place are available, but you’d certianly get better value elsewhere, if I am being truthful.

Having said that, I expect we’ll be back in there again next summer. Or maybe we'll use TGI Friday's instead...?

1  Thank FlatEricAscot
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and I had their classic burger with fries. It was totally burnt and found it really difficult to digest. Fries were awful. Bartender was not particulary friendly but efficient. Their menu is "tired" in my opinion. I'd go back just for drinks if necessary.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place to catch a game and have a bite to eat. The food is what you expect for a sports bar, lots of big TVs and ac

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I used to love this place with the great food and friendly service at good prices but in time they got complacent with the service and it deteriorated slowly until I now dislike it and will not return for a year. 2/5.

1  Thank Asokore