“We had to cancel our tour at last the minute”

Carson's Taxi & Tour Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private, scenic & interactive tours of Barbados.Discover the true Barbados, the nooks & crannies, the gullies and rivers, the hills and beaches, the turtles and sealife.Experience our underground caves,the village rum shops, the indigenous chattel houses.Barbados is truly an Island Paradise.
Reviewed January 5, 2016

We had booked a private tour of Barbados and scheduled Carson to be our driver after reading the excellent reviews from TA. The reservation was done through email and all confirmed. Unfortunately, the night before we arrived in Barbados, one of our group was sick. When we arrived in Barbados, I went into the cruise terminal and called Carson stating we had to cancel. I want to tell you that he was so gracious about the last minute cancellation. I offered to pay him for the tour, but he said “no” and that he understood things happen.

His graciousness shows a class operation and for this reason alone I would recommend Caron if you want a private tour while on Barbados.

1  Thank Jim W
hoppaBarbados, Public Relations Manager at Carson's Taxi & Tour Service, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Jim,
Thank you for your great review . Though you didn't have the opportunity to tour with us this time around, please know you are always welcomed to join us on your next visit to Barbados. I hope your friend is doing much better now.

Regards from Sunny Barbados

"email contact"
"rum tasting"
"extensive knowledge"
in 2 reviews
"history and current events"
"air conditioned vehicle"
"beautiful island"
in 9 reviews
"wealth of information"
"real estate"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2015

We booked a private tour with Carson for our family of four based on the Trip Advisor ratings, and he lived up to the great reviews! His advance communication was prompt and thorough, and he was waiting for us at the designated time and place.

The cost was very reasonable considering (a) he spent the whole day with and (b) the amount of ground we covered. He also happily accommodated three more guests on short notice (friends we met on the cruise) for an additional fee that was also reasonable.

We covered the entire island, saw all the sights, and even had 1-1/2 hours on the incredible beaches on the West side of the island. I had requested to take the Mount Gay Rum Tour, and he gladly accommodated. But if we had to do it over again, I would have spent that hour seeing more of the island, The tour is worth doing if you have more than one day on Barbados, but if you have limited time use it to see more of the island.

I also want to note that our cruise stop on Barbados was on Christmas Eve, a day that many on Barbados were spending with family, but Carson made us feel like part of his family on his beautiful island. Carson will customize your tour to do anything you suggest, but you can trust if you leave it up to him you will be very pleased. Thank you Carson for a memorable day! We highly recommend that you book Carson for your tour of Barbados!

It was great showing you our lovely island Barbados.
I hope you will visit again soon.

Regards,
PRM:Carol
For Carson Moore-Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2015 via mobile

I called Mr. Carson last minute because my plans for the day fell through. He was willing to take me around for the day. He was very nice and knowledgeable of the island and it's history. We agreed that he would take me to hunts gardens and the wildlife reserve. We did so much more! Along the way he stopped at many sites, where he allowed me to take pictures and roam around. It was a lovely day, I'm thankful he was able to take me on the tour.

1  Thank Antonette O
Reviewed November 30, 2015

Awesome tour driver very nice scenario. Beatiful areas have to try I recommend this tour to everyone how to go to see Barbados .