“The real surf shop!”

Dread or Dead Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Dread Or Dead surf shop is a surfing technical and funtional fashion retail store. We offer surf lessons, tours and board hire/rental through our surf school Surf In Barbados as well as SUP lessons, tours and hire/rental through our SUP shop SUP In Barbados.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bridgetown, Barbados
“The real surf shop!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Dred or Dead is the Real Deal surf shop on the island.
Russel and his team surf hard and work hard!
Bring a dinged board in to get fixed, stop in for wave forecast, or break locations, if you need a rental or a lesson, Dread or Dead is the spot.

Visited February 2013

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“...eternally grateful”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am a long time surfer (30+ years...) and VERY meticulous with my boards. Therefore, it was a tough question if I should bring some of my boards along with wife and 4 young children (and associated luggage....) to a probably rare trip to Barbados or rent boards there. There is nothing worse than being at a dream spot with bad equipment, but traveling with the whole crew PLUS surfboards sounded like a nightmare as well (not even thinking about the airline fees). Knowing that it is impossible to rent any decent equipment even at the best surf spots in the US, I was torn and searched the web months before the trip. I came across Dread or Dead's website and when I read some of the posts, comments, and replies from Russell, immediately realized that they know what they are doing and are SUPER cool. I tormented him with numerous emails to try to ensure that he has properly sized and decent boards when I come there. Any still existent doubts were blown away when I came to the store. Russell equipped the whole family with great boards and that 6'0" Tom Carroll Byrne worked for me like MAGIC! Brandon's was firing the entire stay, making this whole trip feel like an unreal dream. He even helped organize other trips and activities on the island. Without Dread or Dead, this would have been an entirely different experience and, therefore, I am eternally grateful to them for one of the most wonderful trips in my life (and I travel the world for work and surf:-)! Russell is one the most knowledgable and nicest people I ever came across. He is one of the people who make this world a better place, because he clearly enjoys what he is doing and is happy to see everyone enjoying themselves by providing high quality equipment and instruction - beginner or expert, it doesn't matter. Thank you!

Visited April 2013
YYC
“great surfing, great experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

russel and adam were phenomenal - from the time they picked us up to dropped us off nothing but smiles and good times. Adam is a skilled and relaxed instructor (and awesome artist!!) we highly recommend them to everybody. One year ago we tried to find a surf school and we were skunked - this year we found dread or dead !!! coming back for more!

Visited April 2013
New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cool Guys at Dread or Dead”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great place to surf and stand up paddle board. Russell and guys are super relaxed but really ensure you have a good time and learn to surf/paddle board. The service is top notch. We first tried the surfing and came back a few days later to paddle board. They remembered who we were and on the paddle board trip we were picked up in a dune buggy (take that off the bucket list!). After the boarding we grabbed a pear soda and fish sandwich at the food shack and chatted with Russell. All the guys are easy to chat with and it really adds to the experience. One last note on the top notch service. We thought we lost our hat that we took on the trip but when we came back from dinner that night our security guard told us Russell dropped it off. Thank Russell... that was really nice of you!!!!!

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Top Notch Experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Russell and everyone else at Dread or Dead run a fantastic operation. This was our second year in a row for surf lessons and both times it was a great experience. They knew exactly where to take us based on our level, and I was able to ride my second wave ever all the way to shore. This year me and the kids (age 9 and 11) were riding waves all the way to shore in beautiful Carlisle Bay. Highly recommended - they will have you surfing like a pro in no time at all.

Visited March 2013