Spent 10 days here in the middle of September. The location is a bit out of the way, and off-season when we went car rental was a must to ensure you have a variety of restaurants for the evening.
The hotel itself is excellent. The rooms are situated in a two storey building which is staggered so that the balconies each room has are afforded privacy. All rooms open into the well kept and attractive gardens, with the beach no more than 50 meters from your front door.
The room itself was spacious, we were upgraded to a two bedroom free of charge, and both bedrooms were large and well equipped, with plenty of wardrobe space. Each bedroom had its own air conditioner, the beds were extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The kitchen/living area was similar spacious, clean and well equipped. In particular there was a large, modern fridge/freezer which was a very pleasant surprise.
The bathroom was basic but perfectly acceptable, and the shower pressure was excellent! Certainly no shortage of hot water either.
There is a small private beach which is accessed across the garden, which is beautiful and has tree cover for shade. Otherwise a 3 minute walk down the coast brings you to a slightly larger beach which is similarly stunning, and quiet. Although I don't surf this is clearly ideal for all kinds of surfing/windsurfing or kite surfing as evidenced by the people out every day.
A short drive away is Miami beach which is a large beach with a number of hotels nearby, and offers sunbed rental, beach bars, jet ski and is generally busier if that is your thing.
What really made this place stand out was the service provided by Steve (the owner) and Nikki, who from the moment we arrived went out of their way to make us feel welcome and our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible - arranging for complimentary taxi travel into town to buy supplies on the first night, subsequent car hire whilst ensuring any requests we had were met immediately. We travel frequently, and prefer to stay in smaller, family run type establishments, with the odd 5 star here and there,and I can honestly say I have never had a better service or felt better looked after than at Moonraker Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a backdrop of picturesque Coral House Bay at Silver Sands, MoonRaker Beach Hotel is a south coast property on Barbados. This original iconic 6-acre beachfront surf lodge is in the heart of the tranquil windsurfing and kite boarding region of the island. The property features Surfer’s Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant - a highly popular dining experience. Each of the 15 airy, beach-themed units bear individual décor interiors, and offer kitchenettes and daybeds for lounging on private terraces or balconies. MoonRaker is steeped in rustic charm and has become a firm favorite for traveler interests appealing surfing, SUP water sports, sport fishing, honeymoons and yoga. At-a-Glance: 15 A/C Apartments and Studios | Surfer’s Bay Beach Bar & Restaurant | Beachfront | Seaside Garden | Dramatic Ocean Views | Live Entertainment | Surf & Standup Paddle Boarding (SUP) Academy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your MoonRaker Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonraker Reef Apartments Hotel Christ Church
- MoonRaker Beach Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish