“Home, away from home”
Review of Pirate's Inn

Pirate's Inn
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at Pirate's Inn during August 2013. Our primary reason for staying was to cheer my son on at the Goodwill Swim Meet. Pirate's Inn was recommended by a Bajan friend for it's location and value. We were not disappointed on any front. Prior to our arrival we indicated to the staff that we would be arriving early. While we had to wait an hour or so, they facilitated us gaining access to our room several hours earlier than expected. We were won over by their kindness. The rooms will not be confused with those of a luxury resort but were comfortable and more than adequate. Our room had a kitchenette with refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, cutlery and expansive storage. The only meals we had at the hotel was breakfast and it was enjoyable. Multiple eating options are available within walking distance. Within striking distance are good beaches. My daughter and I enjoyed early morning runs on the beach boardwalk, a highlight of our stay. While the pool is a bit small it is adequate for a swim and it is quite enjoyable for lounging around.
Pirate's Inn can make arrangements for airport transfers at reasonable rates
The best recommendation I can give regarding Pirate's Inn is that I would stay there again. I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TrinidadRainForestt

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Took the kids to Pirate's Inn today for a change from the sand and sea. A $50 daypass covers a family of 4, and you get $30 back in food/drinks. It was a bit overcast and we had the pool to ourselves at first. Had great fun with the children. Beverley was wonderful, as was Sarah who was very friendly and helpful....and she makes great milkshakes. The burger with a pocket of hidden cheese and bacon was delicious, according to my son, and the hotdog with small fries are a perfect portion for kids. All in all...excellent food with good prices and excellent service. I will be doing more daypasses in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachael H
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff at the Pirates Inn were very accommodating from the second we stepped foot in the door, until the moment we left. The entire staff was very welcoming and took care of our every need, and we had no incidents. They lock the front gate at night which has an added security which I appreciated because I was there with some expensive camera equipment. there is a security lady all night long as well, so if you have to get in, she is sitting at the front, waiting for you.

I thought due to its size that the kitchen was not going to be worth it, but I had one of the best feels of the trip there. Their signature burger jammed full of cheese and bacon was cooked perfectly and was monstrous & delicious. The pool was small, but very refreshing and never really too busy.

The only issue I had was that my stay wasn't long enough. Until next time. Yarrrr....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike G
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The room was clean and had everything you could want for self contained accommodations.

There is also the added security of the property after certain hours which offers some comfort. I do think they could be a little more flexible with the bars on the patios of the upper rooms. The bars give too much of a caged feeling.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This has been about the 3rd or 4th time the Squires family have stayed at Pirate's Inn. From check in to check out....the service is excellent and the staff are so genuine and accomodating. We absolutely love everything about Pirate's Inn hotel. The ambiance is soo breathtaking and relaxed during the day and especially at night. We honestly cannot single out any one staff member at Pirate's Inn and that's a plus. Everyone made us feel sooooo welcomed each time we stay there and it's for this reason that we keep returning. If you're looking for a reasonable, relaxing atmosphere close to shopping areas. Pirate's Inn is definitely the hotel to stay at. It's child-friendly environment has totally captured our 3 year old son's approval. Every stay we have at Pirate's in my husband just sums it up with one word.......Awesome. I just can't help but tell our friends and family about our amazing experiences at Pirate's Inn. It is truly our home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ayomida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

When i arrived at the hotel i taught i was going in to a prison there was more burglar bars around that any thing else , I must say that the security lady that check me in was very nice helpful and friendly and knows alot about the hotel and is only a security officer the rate was very good for the size of the room , the the room was very the nice and filed with lots of space the pool was great the bar i think that closes a bit to early the restaurant food and prices are also good . over all it is value for money at this hotel .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank boyce1021
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a one stay here before boarding a cruise.
Location is excellent. Its about 40 BD taxi ride from the airport and approx 35 BD to the cruise port. Its a 3 minute walk to the new boardwalk along the beach and about 5 to 10 minutes in either direction along the boardwalk to excellent beaches. There is a shopping center and numerous restaurants within walking distance. Virgin Atlantics office is 2 minutes away
Staff were excellent...everyone was friendly and helpful. We had a double room on pool level which was large, bright and very clean. It came with a fully equipped kitchen. Food served at the hotel was very good and reasonably priced. Room came with a safe for valuables. A 20 BD refundable deposit is needed for the safe key.
Room price was excellent ..130 USD ....a great value for Barbados.....would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple