My husband, 9-year old daughter and I went to Barbados for 1 week from Aug 12th through Aug 19th. Bougainvillea beach resort is a great 3-star resort. The one-bedrooom we stayed in was perfect. VERY clean. I don't have to have a "Hilton" stay but I do need clean. Our housekeeper, Pauline, was GREAT! She cleaned, washed dishes (I never expect this), and always slipped in and out in between our daily activities. we slept in the bedroom, while my daughter had the pullout couch in the "living room". There was only 1 tv in the living room however. So my daughter and husband had to share! Not a problem if you don't mind 1 tv. There is a full kitchen with dishes, pots, and even a blender. and the bathroom is spacious. The people at the front desk were very helpful even though very busy on some days. This is a perfect place for families or for people looking for a nice quiet relaxing vacation. This is NOT the place to stay if you want to party. The hotel is in a kind of secluded spot. We either took a taxi or walked up the street to the bus to eat dinner in St. Lawrence Gap. TAxi cost about $7 to St. Lawrence Gap. Kind of a dark walk from bus back to hotel at night. I preferred to take bus in day time and taxi back to hotel at night.
The pools go to about 4 feet in depth. There are palm trees and waterfalls in one of the pools. They are not set up for Olympic swimming, but are perfect for kids and just relaxing. The swim-up bar is great and Ray the bartender is very friendly and makes wonderful drinks. The resort is right on the beach and has chairs and some tatched umbrellas. This beach is great for boogie boarding because you get a little wave action. There are two restaurants at the resort, we only had desert at the Lanterns restaurant. Please order the chocolate cake. It is absolutely delicious. There was a game room downstairs for older kids with (pool table, table tennis, air hockey, fooz ball and big screen tv). A spa downstairs that smelled wonderful, though I didn't go. Another room for smaller kids with things to do and a self-serve laundry. All of these amenities came in very handy since we were there during Hurricane Dean. We got rain and some heavy wind late thursday night and most of the day on Friday. This worked out well for us however because we used this time as a day of rest. My 9-year was very entertained by the game room where a lot of kids happened to hang out during the storm. Barbados is the island to go to in late august. The storms are just getting started near Barbaods and usually only result in rain and wind. The next day the sun was out and we were back at the beach.
Things to go: The Boatyard, beach with trampolines on the water and lots of other water activites and GREAT food.
Horse back riding, we used caribbean riding stables. they pick you up and drop you back at your hotel.
the shopping shuttle is free through the hotel. great for half a day.
Snorkeling with the heat wave and then you get in the Boatyard for free.
Places to eat: The Ships Inn(awesome), Brown sugar(for "expensive" type, food was great), and the Boatyard.and Oistnes for the fish fry.
Rockley beach is also a mild water beach.
All in all, Barbados seems to be great for relaxing. Don't come here to party. and the only "negative" that I can even think of is the location is a little secluded. I recommend Bougainvillea wholeheartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish