The Bougainvillea Beach Resort, welcomes their guests with a breathtaking view from the moment you step into the elegant lobby. You can see and hear numerous waterfalls and pools, lush gardens that are home to a multitude of bird species and the brilliant turquoise sea just beyond the pools. Located in Christ Church Parish on the southern coast of Barbados it is within walking distance of Oistens where you can enjoy the Friday Night Fish Fry , walk in the other direction along the beach and it will take you right into the St. Lawrence Gap where one can find restaurants, convenience stores and night clubs.
Our deluxe suite was spacious, bright and spotless. The bedroom was furnished with a comfortable king-sized bed, plenty of drawers and closet space and large windows that opened to the garden below. At night we kept our window opened allowing the ocean breeze, the sound of tiny tree frogs and the steady rhythm of the surf to lull us into a deep and restful sleep. The large bathroom, decorated with fresh Bougainvillea flowers, was equipped with double sinks, liquid soaps, shampoos and conditioners provided in dispensers on the wall. The kitchen, dining area and living room are decorated in soothing peach, green and cream tones and comfortable furniture. The large bright dinning area next to the fully equipped kitchen makes it easy to prepare meals or enjoy a meal at one of the Bougainvillea's restaurants, Lanterns is right on the beach next to the ocean or Buono Amici for Italian are well worth treating yourself to.
We have stayed at the Bougainvillea many times over the years and we are welcomed back like we are family. Stephen who handles luggage is the first to greet us with his ever present smile, he is a voracious reader so please, bring him a book when you go. The ladies at the reception desk are always a joy to see, dressed in their bright outfits and ready to get you to your room as quickly as possible. Most of the staff have worked there for years and are friendly and happy to oblige most any request with a smile and can do attitude. Visit Marguerite at the pool bar for one of her especially tasty rum punches, one of the best on the island. There are three pools, a swim-up pool surrounding most of the bar, a kiddie pool and the waterfall pool. I use the waterfall pool for a water massage, just stand under it and feel the relief. I love the location, the staff, the spacious suites and the view...not to mention the variety of birds who join us for our morning coffee on the balcony. The Bougainvillea Beach Resort is my home away from home; I can't imagine staying anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish