just returned from two week stay.can confirm what many people have said.hotel is in a beautiful position with most rooms looking down onto the beach and the most amazing blue ocean.staff are really polite and housekeeping do a great job keeping your room clean and replacing towels regularly.for organised trips see keione at the activities desk,nothing is too much trouble.
if you would like to try geniune bajan food,try the new cheapside market in bridgetown.go upstairs and you will find many food stalls selling a variety of food .dont be afraid to mix with the locals they are very friendly and will help you with the menus.scotties opposite the jungle cafe at the gap is also worth trying.you can buy groceries there,but they also sell cooked bajan food(4$ barbados!!).during the day this is a 10 minute walk via the beach past turtle beach ,through ashort alleyway alongside the dover hotel.(not to be recommended at night!!)
this is our second visit to barbados,and i would say it was even better than our first visit.cant wait to go again.
one report said the gap wasnt very lively.we thought that on our first visit.all i will say is,try staying out after midnight and you will see a different side to the gap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish