Spent a week first of July. Greeting was warm and friendly and our room was upgraded. Newer part of the hotel 4th floor overlooking the ocean. Smaller room with kitchenette and large bathroom. Beautiful balcony! We spent a lot of time on it. No elevators so if you have mobility issues or don't want to climb four flights book a ground floor room! The bed wAs wonderful with lots of pillows.
Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Gave us great advice on how to get places, helped us book a tour and even charged my iPad for me because I forgot my cable. Congratulations to the front desk staff!
Grocery sores are convenient and will drive you back to the hotel with the groceries. Big B and the superstore in oistins were both good. Worn selection was good and the only disappointment was the fruit which was lacking. All we could find were bananas and oranges and tasteless watermelon which is unusual for the caribbean
A must is champers. We went for lunch and had a wonderful view. The food was spectacular. Mango shrimp salad was amazing and so was the coconut shrimp! Also tried bellini's which was fairly good but we wanted to try cafe sole for margaritas but the had a large party and no outdoor seating available. Oistins fish fry was great and less crowded on a week night. Forget the shrimp which was on skewers and mostly plantain. Mahi mahi at pat's was great. We also had drinks overlooking the ocean at the crane which was lovely and very high up on the rough coast. Better to do your own breakfast as breakfAst at the hotel was $18 which we thought was too expensive. The lanterns restaurant had lovely food and great room service. Forget the sea side restaurant. Went one night and waited almost an hour for pumpkin soup that was so spicy I couldn't eat it. Others went to the BBQ which was fairly expensive. They arrived at 7:00 and didn't eat until 9:30 . They said they wouldn't go back. It is easy to get to all the restaurants on a local bus for $1. There are so many choices in the gap.
Did ted's tours which was recommended to us. Ted is a comedian! We toured most of the island but didn't get to spend time on the west coast which I would have preferred. Spent too much time at the church and the plantation and although we had a nice lunch, the stop there was wAy too long. Met David's taxi after that and would have preferred to select our stops for the same amount.
Smirk led at carlisle bay which was calm and warm and we got to see the sea turtles. Don't need the boat, we just swam out. Hotel has snorkels, masks etc. A must visit beach.
The only disappointing thing was a daily charge on our bill which was removed when we questioned it.
I would return again soon and in off season because things were far less crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish