We are a family of four, including a 20 year old daughter and 22 year old son. We all agreed that our weeks stay at Bougainvillea was the best vacation that we've ever had. We stayed in two of the junior suites on the second floor (5218 and 5219). The suites have a small, but very functional kitchenette with a two burner electric stove top, microwave, nice size refrigerator and everything needed for our family. The beds were comfortable. The entire resort was beautiful with the flowers and landscaping, the swimming pools, and the rooms and grounds were very well-maintained. Even the maid service was exceptional, keeping the rooms immaculate during our stay.
The staff was a great resource for helping us make the most of our stay in Barbados. They gave us excellent advice on area entertainment and restaurants. The food at Bougainvillea was good too.
The beaches are beautiful also. We loved just walking along the beaches on the South coast around the resort. We would walk in the mornings towards St. Lawrence Gap and back. It's a nice location too. You're close to Oistin's and the fish fry there, and also to the Gap in the other direction. Taxis are always available to take you anywhere you want on the island. Our first day in Barbados we hire a taxi driver to give our family a full-day tour of the island. We travelled the entire island and the driver was an exceptional resource of information regarding what activities to do and places to visit. We were able to spend as long or as short a time as we wanted at each stop. Taxis are very reasonable on the island so we felt no need to ride the buses.
Tonight is our first night back home in the USA and we're already talking about returning again. It was just a dream vacation at a wonderful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish